Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What's a "stay at home mom"?







It has been a busy few days around here. Sometimes I wonder whether I'm coming or going. I have to write everything down or I lose track of our lives. I wonder sometimes when that happened. Without our calendar, I am lost. I had to schedule a dentist appointment yesterday, and almost couldn't do it as I stood at their calendar. Their calendar doesn't have my schedule on it. Luckily I picked a day I didn't have anything else going on. Anyway, here's where we've been.




The boys got back from their camping trip on Sunday. My poor boy was eaten up with sand fleas and mosquitoes. And his body doesn't react very well to them. We had to cover him in Gold Bond Sunday night after his shower.They had such a good time. They had a couple of times that hubby and the boy clashed a little. They both need to learn to pick their battles. But if you ask them they had the time of their lives. I love a little male bonding.




The big girl was supposed to go camping instead of the boy, but she had a birthday party on Saturday. She was a little shy at the party, but got into the swing of things after a little while. She said later that she was glad that she had stayed for the party. That made me feel a better. Hubby is trying to plan a trip in about a month to take her. I told him to be careful about the sand fleas.




Today was a running day. We had our volunteer work at the church today. We stock the shelves at the food pantry our church runs. It's a great program and the kids love it. It makes them feel like they are helping people. I like the fact that they are learning about giving back. I have noticed they don't ask as much for things now. They still ask, just not as much. And the kids feel important. I think that's a good thing, too. Don't we all like to feel special?




I had to talk to the our Associate Pastor about funds for our after school program, then we got started. We had quite a lot to do today. It makes me feel good that our church and the congregation are responding to the needs of the community. Sometimes we all get caught up in how important we are to ourselves. Which brings me to the next activity.




The boy had a doctor's appointment. We had to leave a little early, but I wanted to make sure that we got everything done. So after walking around the campus to find a key to our activity center, where their was more food waiting to be shelved, I was a little frustrated. Which meant I was fussing at the kids. They were actually pretty good. The boy was having a few issues today, but he got over that thankfully. The boy's allergies are still allergies, see you in six months.




Then it was across the road to get a pair of shoes for the boy. We bought him a really good shoe and spent a lot of money last time we bought him shoes. I was hoping that they would last a while. They didn't. He has a hole in one of them. On top. How do you get a hole in the top of your shoe? Wal Mart had athletic shoes for $8. We found a pair that he liked, and they fit. We got back out to the van and he had to put them on right away. I didn't have a problem with that. He didn't take them off until he was forced to take them off tonight at bedtime. He loves his shoes.




Then it was our last stop. We had to go to the grocery store. Yes, I could have done that at the last place, but I had a really big coupon for our local grocery store. It was $10 off an order of $50 or more. And I had coupons for a few of our other things that were $1 off. I was feeling proud of myself using buy one get one free deals on top of that and saving $45. I love when that happens.




And then it was time to go home and make lunch. And put away groceries. And school. We hadn't even done that yet. By the time we got home, it was after 1. By the time I got groceries put away and lunch made and served, and we ate, it was after 2. Then we got started schooling. It started a little rough. I didn't feel like the kids were listening when we were doing our science.




I was reading a sheet that had the atmospheric layers with their names and some stats. They were fidgeting with stuff and talking. So while we read our on line article together, I made up a 5 question test on the printout they weren't listening to. The kids were shocked that I had done that. But I bet they pay closer attention next time.




Hubby wasn't working overtime today (boo hoo), so I asked him to take the baby to dance class. He said she did a great job. She loves that class. She gets so excited when it's her turn. Hubby asked her if she wants to take hip hop like her sister, and she said no. She wants to be a ballerina. I hope she does. I think she would be fantastic. When they got home I fed them dinner and then they got ready for bed.




Tomorrow is Wednesday. That's our very busiest day. And I get to dance! I'm posting some pictures of the boy with his cousin while they were camping. Mine is the cute one with the longer hair.




Have a great day!

No comments: