Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What a day

Today is Wednesday. To some it signals the middle of the week. Only two more days until the weekend. Some call it "hump day". I call it the busiest day ever.

On Wednesday, we get up early, which for us is about 8. Ok, for Mama, its about eight. The two big kids are up about 7 or 7:30. Sometimes they get to kiss Papa at the back door. Usually, Papa has to come wake me up for a Mama kiss. But, I digress. I try to get everyone started about 8:30. That gives us an hour and a half before I absolutely have to get into the shower. We can get all of our together stuff done and move on with the day.

By eleven, out the door. And sometimes that's like pulling teeth. We go to the Parents' house and drop off kids. Thank goodness. Then off to dance class for Mama. I love my tap class and I highly recommend that you take one, just for you. I cannot imagine doing something that is much more fun than that. And hey, this is a family blog so clean your mind up.

Then back to pick up the kids. We need to hurry, so come on. Thanks for keeping the kids, see ya next week. Then to church for JAM. It's our Wednesday afterschool program at church, and right now we are in the planning stages, so it's just meetings. Soon it will out until 6. Some parents are chronically late picking up their kids. I know this ahead of time so I am prepared. Then home to cook dinner.

While dinner is cooking, the kids are doing the schoolwork that they didn't finish that morning. And the are whining about it because they are tired by this point. I don't make them take it to the Parents's house because that's just cruel. And any hopes of them working at JAM instead of playing with their friends would just be mean. After dinner and schoolwork, showers and bed. That will probably be closer to 10 than 8.

And then there's spending time with my husband. After the kids go to bed, it's time to snuggle and cuddle. Fine, you got me. We're usually in bed falling asleep with the TV on. But at least we are snuggling and cuddling.

So, that's our Wednesday in a nutshell. It is busy, busy, busy. But I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way. And the best thing is how flexible we can be with the school work. Everyone knows work can be done ahead of time, or caught up by Friday. Because Friday is park day and we can't go until all the work is done. I do have some rules.

Hubby says I'm crazy to put this on the internet, for security reasons. But we really don't have anything. All of our stuff is old and worn out. But it is late, and I think I need a little snuggle time, and cinammon toast. That sounds like a good midnight snack.

Have a great day!

No comments: