Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another one bites the dust

Another week gone. I don't know how it happens, but it does. And this week, specially today, has been a doozy. Hubby has still been working a ton of overtime, and I am feeling it. Isn't it amazing when that happens?

The week itself started fine. The big girl started her dance class this week. She was so happy. She also looked like she was tired as all get out when we got there. She had fallen asleep in the van on the way, and wasn't really ready to get up. She has lots of people in her class from last year, but she also has new people. One of them is a friend of ours so that's good for her.

At one point, she looked like she was going to cry. That broke my heart. But after about 15 or 20 minutes, she perked up. She was bebopping, or should I say hip hopping, right along with the music. She loves her class so much. I think most of that is her teacher. Miss Tiffany rocks. She has choreographed some really great numbers that have been "borrowed" by other dance schools in the area. How crazy is that? But the big girl loves to dance. She is ready for Monday so she can go back.

The baby and I had some issues on Tuesday. She decided, rather tearfully, that she didn't want to learn to read anymore. I could have wrung her little neck. She and I just decided to butt heads and neither one of us was backing down. She yelled at me, which I do not tolerate. I yelled at her. I even called hubby at one point and told him that I was done. She is four and she doesn't have to learn right now. Know what he did? He yelled at me. I told him where he could stick his attitude and it wasn't a very comfortable spot. I told him if it was that important to him he could teach the blah, blah, blah to read.

After we both calmed down and talked about it, we worked it out. I decided to give her a day and let her calm down, too. It worked because we did another lesson today. And she read a whole sentence. She was so proud of herself. It was like the connection was finally made. So tomorrow, we do one more and see how it goes.

And what can I say about the boy? He is the one and only and he knows how to push all of our buttons when he is in a creative kind of mood. He didn't stop running his mouth today until I put the wooden spoon on the table with us. It was driving me crazy. My comment as I did it was something along the lines of I'm not scared to use it. He knows it, too. He shut his mouth for a little while, but that was all I needed. Some days he has to comment about everything that comes out of anyone's mouth. But I love those kids.

I have taken on a role at our church working with our after school Wednesday program. We no longer have a Children's Director, Christian Education Director, or Youth Director. And boy, do we ever need them. Anyway, we are a little late getting the program started and haven't even done that yet. The big girl is having a bday party this weekend, and I need to focus on her for now. So Monday morning, I go to church to get all the forms done and ready to be printed and sent out. Some have to be delivered to the elementary school that is close to us. Then I get to do a quick inventory of supplies we already have, and supplies we need and, oh man, do I feel like I got in over my head sometimes. But one step at a time is all I can do.

Thankfully, tomorrow is park day. I love Fridays! I get to hang out with some really great people and so do the kids. We have dance tomorrow night, a bday party on Saturday, and the big girl's party on Sunday. We will be busy, but I'm praying for fruitful.

Have a great day!

No comments: