Monday, March 7, 2011

Beautiful Days

With the impending move and the indeterminably long freeze, we hadn't done birthday parties for the boy or the baby. Their birthdays are right at a month apart. If hubby and I don't get to it, it's March, both birthdays are gone with no celebration, and we can't figure out where the time went. I got the brilliant idea to combine them. I had more people in my house than my house can hold. And it was amazing!! I adore having a house full of people. That is just my thing. It was standing room only but there was good food, good conversation, and good company. My kids felt loved and special. I am a happy woman. Here's some pics:


This is our cake. It doesn't look like much, but it is one big pile of yummy goodness. I offer to make and/or buy any cake they want, and this is it. I am good with that. We have decided, though, that we can no longer just make one. It goes too fast and we have to cut small pieces to feed everybody. That's no fun. This is actually two flavors on one pan. The boy is not big on chocolate. If he didn't look just like hubby I would swear that he was somebody elses. The baby, on the hand, likes her some chocolate. That's a good girl.  


This is the line for the pinata. We tried to do youngest to oldest, but I think there were some sneaky short kids. We made it through all the littles, but only made it to about the third or fourth bigger kid. And when the poor pinata exploded...


...this is what happened. It made me think about all the single girls when the bouquet is thrown. It was one big huddled mass of kids. Hubby shook out all the candy that was left in the pinata. That's when the older kids took notice.


  And how can you not like getting a giant container of licorice for your birthday? I don't care for it, but the boy is in licorice heaven. He has already been given his daily limit and threatened with severe punishment if he tries to sneak anymore.

It was an awesome day. The weather stayed sunny even if it was a bit breezy. There was no rain. And, thankfully, nobody got hurt this year. We had lots of food. We threw some hot dogs on the grill. We had a beautiful day with wonderful people.

And Sunday was beautiful, too. That was pajama day. Nobody got out of their pajamas all day. We even had left over hot dogs for dinner. We worked a puzzle, played a new Lego game, made a Fairy stepping stone, and played Headbanz. We grazed through party leftovers all day. We recuperated.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Big Sis said...

That cake looks delicious!! You might have to make another one when you guys get here. Love you!!

Mermie said...

I want the next birthday party to be in Texas! Love..............