Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ice Cream and Cakey Cake

Stinkin' Baskin Robbins commercial gets stuck in my head. The boy cannot stand it. If we sing it, he covers his ears and talks really loud so he can't hear us. That isn't what this is, though. My birthday is coming up next week. Yes, I'll be 21. Again. Just kidding. I'll really be 29. Again. Before I wear out a good joke, I'll get to the point. I was looking for the recipe for ice cream cake. My friend D gave it to me. I'm not sure where she got it, but I think it may be an old Pampered Chef recipe. It is so good, I have to share.

Ice Cream Cake

10 Oreos, crushed
1/2 cup milk
1 3.9 oz pkg chocolate pudding
1 12 oz container Cool Whip
12 ice cream sandwiches

With whisk, combine milk and pudding. Fold in half of Cool Whip and cookies. Arrange 6 sandwiches on cookie sheet or large plate. Add half of Cool whip mixture on top. Repeat with remaining sandwiches and remaining Cool Whip mixture. Decorate and/or freeze. Keep in freezer at least 30 minutes.

I like to use Nutter Butters and chocolate ice cream sandwiches. Mmmm. You can use whatever flavor cookie, ice cream sandwich, and pudding you want. I like to use a little more Cool Whip and frost the sides as well.

This is the cake that my kids request. This is the cake that hubby requests. This is the cake that I request. Love it, love it. I hope you get some enjoyment out of it as well.

Have a great day.

No comments: