Monday, March 28, 2011

Goings On

Not much going on at the ranch. We have been staying busy, trying to get through the days. Here's the update.

  • The big girl has rejoined the youth praise band. I am so happy for her. She had her first "performance" yesterday at youth. The praise band does praise and worship (duh) at the brginning of youth. She said she had a great time and felt very comfortable on stage. I am so proud of her. Y'all may not know this, but she's a bit shy. I was the same way as a kid. Quit laughing, I was, too. Ask Big Sis or Mermie. They'll tell you. Really, stop laughing...
  • I literally have 14 books to read. My friend CP told me about a part of the library website that lists all the new books and DVDs. Well, darn it, now that I know it's there, it's like I have to go and request about 25 books and movies at a time. I picked up the movie Where the Wild Things Are. I didn't see all of it, but from what I did, who is the idiot that made that movie? My two older kids may be traumatized for life. The big girl said it was disturbing. The boy added "on so many levels". Lesson learned. I hope. I'm glad the baby got bored and went to play with Barbies in her room.
  • Hubby has been working some overtime. That is such good news, you have no idea. It certainly helps when we have to pay the bills. He also got rid of a boat and cleaned up a pile of junk that was sitting in the yard. He's steadily refilling the hole in the backyard where the pool was going to go, and he got a bunch of stuff taken down to the recycling place. It's coming along. Now if I could get my rear in gear and pack some of the stuff in our closet.
  • I got my eyes checked, finally. I ordered new glasses and contacts. My old glasses are slowly deteriorating. The anti-reflective coating started coming off almost immediately after I bought them. They look scratched and ugly and I can't stand it. I will be very happy when my new ones come in. They're bifocals, but my contacts aren't. If I need to, I'll get a pair of reading glasses. Hubby is next. His long arms are starting to get shorter and shorter. He's not happy about that.
  • We have a couple of outings and field trips coming up. I need to make a call about one. I think we need to get out of the house more since we don't have many extras. There are some great places to go around here that are free or super cheap and we need to take advantage of that while we can. That and we're bored. You know that leads to trouble when I'm bored. And it's another excuse to spend some time with friends. Works for me. 
That's all I got. We are just keeping on keeping on. And I am frustrated with limbo. Done, ready to get on with my life already. Well, after our field trips.

Have a great day.

No comments: