Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Green Day

I don't mean the band, I mean St. Patrick's Day. We had our annual park day celebration of all things green a couple of weeks ago. These are my kids in all their greenery.

There's the baby. The front of her hat had a plastic crown on it that lit up. Feathers, a crown, and lights? She had to have it. You can almost see the shamrock tattoo on her left cheek.

I have to say the boy looks pretty good with a green moustache. What you can almost see on the left side of his face is the sideburns that came with the moustache. The sunglasses are hiding the eyebrows that came with the other facial hair. He was funny.

 And the big girl. She takes my breath away. She and the baby have the same hat. You can see the crown a little better on her hat. She went for stylish. I think she did it. Because, really, it's all about...

the socks. Sorry I didn't get a better picture, but they are way cool.

There was a contest again for most green. The boy won in his category and got a $5 gift card to Target. He bugged me for the rest of the day to go to Target. He had been champing at the bit to get a new DS game and that sent him to 100%. We took him the next morning and he was ecstatic. Pot luck was good, too. Food will always get us there. And, when two or more United Methodist gather there must be food. Good thing my friend M was there, or we'd a been short a UM. Smaller crowd this year, but some new faces. That was a nice surprise.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Mermie said...

my babies are so gorgeous!!! Love.........