Thursday, March 3, 2011

Puzzled and Disappointed

It's really not that bad. I went to a yard sale today my friend Hillside Hollow was having. It was small, but I was on a mission. She has great jigsaw puzzles. I love jigsaw puzzles. I have been jonesing for new ones. When I look at them at the store, they are expensive and I don't see many that I really like. And I like big puzzles. I like 500 pieces or more. I scored three from her yard sale and I didn't have to pay $100 a piece for them. I got the fellow blogger and homeschooler discount. Not really. They were very reasonably priced. I would have walked away with the Horizons math for 3rd and 4th grade if hubby and I hadn't taken the back way where there are no banks. Oh, well, my friend Garden of Gems got them. I love that alot of my friends have blogging names.

 I am in love with this puzzle. 3000 pieces!! And it was only $5!! I was so excited to get it home and set up my folding table and get this bad boy done. Here's where the disappointed part comes in. My table is long enough, but, unlike my butt, it isn't wide enough. Egads! But I have a solution. For the puzzle, not my butt. We are having a birthday party on Saturday so I can't leave the folding table up. Until after the party. My reward for being the hostess with the mostest is I get to put this together on our dining table and we get to eat on the folding table. Is everyone gone yet?
 Pretty darn excited about this one, too. I already have the table out and waiting. This will be my evening's entertainment. A few good tunes and hubby for company. It's gonna be a stupendous night.
This is an awesome little puzzle. Not only is it a puzzle, it's a "seek and find" game. There are little things hidden in the picture. I am in puzzle heaven.

Sorry the pictures were dark. The flash made it wonky and I couldn't get good light in any room darn it. I'll take pics when they're done. It may take a while for the big one, but, darn it,I can do it.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I had the same problem with the ocean one--no table wide enough! I want to see pictures when you complete it. I wish I had more free time in my life b/c then I'd invite myself over to help. I'm so glad you like the puzzles!

Cristy said...

My big girl said she wished she could spend more time with your big girl. She enjoyed it. My boy said he wanted to spend more time with your boy running through the woods. I'm glad they had a good time, too. You are welcome any time you get a free minute or two.

Mermie said...

I want to help also. I love jigsaw puzzles. Heck, I even love crossword puzzles. Have some puzzles up in my closet if you're interested next time you are here. love...............