Friday, July 11, 2008

VBS

Today is the last day of Vacation Bible School at our church. Whoohoo! This is the first year that all of my kids got to go. It's also our second of the year. We have one more in August and we are done for the summer. We use VBS as summer camp, and I like that. At least I know what they are learning about. And the kids get to do fun crafts, meet new friends, and see what other people believe. I'm hoping it opens them to new experiences.

I volunteered this year for VBS. I'm only doing registration, but I have a pretty rough job, too. The first day is usually killer. There are parents who haven't registered yet that want to do it that day. And we don't have a web site you can print a from from. You have to come register, or call. But there is still that dreaded form.

At first I was thinking how absolutely nuts I was to volunteer. Five days, two and a half hours each with no kids. I'm still kicking myself occasionally. But I have had a really great time. I have gotten to know some people I only had a passing relationship with. That has been a fantastic side bar to this whole thing.

Tonight is tear down night. After all the VBSers have gone, we get to rip everything off the wall. Oh, yeah! What took us five hours to put up will take us maybe thirty minutes to tear down. But again, isn't that the way. And tonight all the adults get to go out and have adult beverages for the after show. I'm looking forward to that as well. It's been a long time since I've had adult beverages. I'm hoping my hubby will meet us there so I can have a couple.

And then off to vacation.

Have a great day!

No comments: