Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bummed Out

Well, it's official. No vacation. Which means no reunion. I am so disappointed I cannot stand myself. Unfortunately, nobody else can stand me either. I am moping around the house, fussing at people. Nothing is making me happy. And thinking about it just pisses me off.

I missed my ten year reunion because I was two weeks away from giving birth to my oldest child. Now I'm not pregnant, can't get that way anymore, and I still can't go. I've been on the verge of tears all day. And it's not getting better.

I miss Texas. I miss my friends. I miss my family. And I'm ready to go home, even if it's just for a little bit. I want to see everyone, see how they are doing. I want to sit and reminisce with people who remember the same things I do. I want to see our new high school. I want a lot of things, but I'm not getting them.

I looked into flights for one and actually found one that after fees and stuff would only cost about $300. But that's still a lot for us right now. I don't want to go without my family, because I would love to show them off. I have beautiful children and a fantastic husband that deserve to be shown off.

My children are my gift from God. They are the reason I have hope for this world. They are smart, beautiful, funny, loving, kind, and sweet. They are wonderful and give this life meaning.

My husband is smart, handsome, funny, giving, loving, loyal, sweet, kind, and I could not imagine my life without him. He has seen me at my best and my worst and for some reason still loves me. I think he hung the moon just for me. He is also my gift from God. God knew when I needed someone who would love me for me. And He brought us together. How fantastic is that?

Right now I'm hiding in my room, blogging, while my children (thank you God) are playing and not fighting. They know I'm upset and are trying very hard to be good to their Mama. And they are doing a great job.

Class of 88, I love you and I miss you and I wish I could be there. I wish I could see you all and share a small amount of my life with you and have you share a small part of your life with me. Somebody needs to have a White Russian for me. I'm going to finish pouting (good luck) and continue on. Hopefully, there will be a 25 year reunion.

Have a great day!

No comments: