Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's About Time

Finally we are coming home. Although I have lived in the state of Florida for 14 years, I still consider Texas to be my home. I was not born in Texas, but I agree with the bumper sticker: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could. I am also known for saying: Any good Texan is a proud Texan.

We finally get to see Mermie's new house. We are all excited about that. They have done a ton of work on it and we didn't get to see the before. But we get to see the after. She wants a small farm, but she doesn't have one yet.

And I get to see my sister. I haven't seen her in almost two years. We talk on the phone often, but it's different when a hug comes with it. And my nieces are probably huge.

And Scott. Who can not be happy about seeing him? And his partner Jeff is an incredible person in his own right. We are excited about that as well. I'm not sure when or where, but we'll work out the details.

We have so much to do when we get there, but it will be well worth the visit. I know when the trip is over we will be ready to be home in our own beds. But we will tuck ourselves in and know that we have special memories of special people. That is what I will be thankful for this year.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cristy, What a wonderful blog. I've enjoyed reading it this morning.
--Jennifer Hall

Cristy said...

I am so glad you found us. It has been a very good outlet for me. It helps me keep everything straight and I don't have to try to remember who I told what to.

Mom just recently started reading as well. She had lost the address in the move and just got to the point that she had some time to catch up with us.

The big girl asked if she could start a blog. I'm thinking about it, but it's hard to make that decision. I'm thinking of letting her do her creative writing on a blog instead of on paper. That's just one more thing I have to let go of.

I tried to look you up on Facebook, but there are three Jen Halls. I didn't want to get on the wrong one and get a message "Who are you and why are you on my page?" Daniel has a Facebook account, but he did it to see his brothers'. I told him that's all we needed was all four of them on something like that. It could crash the whole system.

I would really like to get back in touch with you. There has been too much time gone by. You can email me at shuhaus@aol.com if you want.

Cristy

BeckyJoie said...

Good, I'm glad you can go home and visit family. I did that not long ago and it was great!
Beckyjoie