Friday, October 10, 2008

You know what day it is

Of course, you do. You can tell by the happy voice. It's Friday. I will try not to say for the millionth time how happy I am about Fridays. And what a week to end.

The week started busy and never seemed to slow down. Even Thursday, my slow day, turned ito a run around errand day. On Thursday, I loaded dishes, washed white shirts that were donated to our JAM program, dried and folded them, cleaned potties, went to the church to drop off paperwork, find two books, drop off freshly laundered shirts, and turn in ink cartridges that have been in my van for two weeks. Then the library to drop off our Geronimo Stilton books on CD. And then the grocery store.

I needed to go to Wal Mart, too. But I knew that would be an ugly scene with the mood I was in. I was tired and grumpy, and felt like I hadn't had two seconds to myself all day. I knew it would turn into me yelling and fussing at the kids and I didn't want to go there. It was just easier to get what I needed from the grocery and call it a day.

Before we left for church, I also sorted through six bags of clothes that a friend of mine gave me for the baby. She just sold her house and her daughters have outgrown the clothes. And her mother in law does most of her shopping. She usually goes high dollar, so I got some really nice clothes. I had to sort through them, figure out what I was keeping and what was going to be given away. Then I had to wash what we were keeping because they have been up in her attic for awhile. Then I had to bag up what was being given away, clean out the baby's dresser and closet so the new stuff would fit, and find a place for the stuff that is too big now, but won't be for long.

In the midst of all that, I still had to school my kids, give the baby her reading lesson, and create a vocabulary test for the big girl. I ended up falling asleep on the couch at about 5. When I woke up, the big girl had given the boy his spelling test for me. I have great kids.

Then it was time for dinner. I ended up making burritos because they are quick and easy and I was tired. So I needed Friday. And so did the kids. They ran and played all day. And so did I. I got to have some great conversations with people that have different opinions than mine. It was fantastic. I hope you all have a gang of people that you can have conversations with that make you open your mind.

And on a side note: Hey, Mike. It's been a long time. I'm glad you read my blog. I hope you enjoy a look into our life. It's crazy, it's fun, and I love it.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Thanks. I am enjoying your blog. I am always impressed with home schooled kids. I listen to a couple of call-in radio shows and the home school kids that call in are so articulate and they seem so happy.

I'd love to hear how life landed you in Florida -- that's a long way from cowtown!

Take care,
Mike