Monday, October 6, 2008

Field Trip

Tomorrow is our first official field trip. One of our home schools moms used to work for a judge. She knows his clerk and asked if it would be possible for our group to come see the courtroom and the chambers and stuff. He said yes. We go at 1 tomorrow.

I'm really excited about this. There are always free golf lessons and field trips to places that are free or really inexpensive. There are several times they give a group rate. But we haven't been able to go to any of those. This is the first time we go with our group. Just like a big field trip at school.

The big kids are excited about it, too. They are excited to see their friends and go somewhere they've never been. The baby is excited because the two big kids are excited. She keeps saying, "We're going to see the judge!" with great big eyes and lots of excitement in her voice. The boy said he wished the judge would give them all gavels. I told him that would be asking for trouble. Then the boy said he hoped they got a souvenir. That's been his big kick lately.

We almost missed it. I had it on my calendar for Friday. The same day I get to see the periodontist(?). My friend Melanie mentioned it on Sunday and I had to go look up the post to make sure. Wouldn't you know it, she was right. I was thinking we would miss park day, but I was alright with that. I really would have been mad come Friday.

Here we go. I'll let you all know how it went. Pray for us that the boy watches his mouth and his manners.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Well, Zach could pound his gavel on the kitchen table and pronounce all of you out of order. :) This is great that you're having a field trip. I remember when we got to see the courthouse, but we didn't get to go back into the judge's chambers. Have fun tomorrow!

Love,
Scott

Mike said...

Cristy,

Hi! I just found your blog on classmates.com. I'm Mike Anderson from good ol' Brewer High (hopefully I'm still in your memory somewhere). It's probably been 20 years since I've seen you (gosh, that makes us sound old). It's good to hear (or read) that you are doing well! Your kiddos are just adorable. Reading your blog has brought back some good memories of your personality.

Anyways, take care and I hope to hear from you!
Mike
mikeanderson93@yahoo.com