Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Great days

Today was a little busy, but not as busy as our normal days. I'm really glad that I have the opportunity to spend time with my kids, doing things that they would not ordinarily get the chance to do.

Today is the Tuesday after the third Sunday. The third Sunday is when our congregation is encouraged to bring food for our food pantry. Every day is good, but the third Sunday is what we really aim for. Anyway, today was volunteer day. We bring the food from the collection bin to the pantry to stock it. Then we go to our activity building where our contemporary service is held and collect the food from there and stock it.

We were almost done when our pastor came and asked if he could speak with me. Sometimes it feels like being called to the principal's office. But it was good news and I wasn't in trouble. Amazing isn't it? We were blessed with a large donation of school supplies. When we were done stocking the shelves, the big girl and the boy and I went to our conference room and made 22 packages. Each package had 2 folders, 1 package of notebook paper, 2 spiral notebooks, 2 pencils, 2 pens, 2 highlighters and a glue stick. It turned out to be more than I thought we would have. So each of our kids in our after school program is going to get a nice little package. The rest I gave to our preschool. There were several things that I didn't have enough of to give to everybody. Those went in the box for the preschool, too. They ended up with two boxes of stuff.

The baby was a little feisty this morning. We were all up very early this morning. We had to take hubby to work. He's on call as of today, and gets to drive his work van home. Instead of leaving his truck at work for a week, we take him to work. The baby decided that she didn't want to help us when she saw the little kids on the playground. I asked if she could play and they were more than happy to have her. They even let her go into the classroom when playground time was over. She had a much better time than she would have had with us.

We didn't get home until noon. Then I made lunch and made every one lay down and take a nap. I was so grumpy, and the kids were getting that way. We didn't get our together stuff done until after 12. Then the kids worked on their other stuff after they got up from a nap. Hubby came home and took the kids to dance for me so I could get some errand running done. It was nice not to have to buckle and unbuckle, repeat.

This is still a busy week. I still have dance and so does the boy. Our after school program is tomorrow. We have picked up another co-op lesson on Thursdays. It's a science lesson and experiment and we are all looking forward to it. Then park day on Friday. This Friday is a cook out. I'm bringing the charcoal and everybody else is bringing something for me to cook. We have had a lot of response from people that don't normally come. So it's a banner week.

Enjoy your week. I almost feel like some of the pressure has come off. Aaahh!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Congratulations on a good food pantry day and for getting all of those school supplies!

Love,
Scott