Thursday, August 4, 2011

To Do List

I am a list maker. I usually make them in my head which could explain why I don't always get everything accomplished that I want to. School is about to start. I'm excited even if the kids aren't. We are about to register for dance. Just one more day until that happens. That helps put the lesson plans in better perspective. I've ordered the curriculum we need. I have changed a couple of things and I'm going to switch some stuff around. We are also going to try to work piano lessons into our already busy schedule. If it works, I'll be calling my friend N to see if she can work us into her busy schedule. That means there are some things I need to get done before all the crazy starts. Here's what I've got so far:

  • I need to make stock. I normally make all my own. I usually make chicken and turkey, but I am also going to dabble in some veggie stock. Sometimes I have some veggies left over that may not look very appetizing, but if I boil them up, yummo stock. I have some turkey and chicken bones waiting on me. Great, now I have to clean out the freezer.
  • One reason I make my own stock is because I crock pot. Stock makes a really great flavor base. It can make a pot of lentils just that much better. I need to get my recipes together and go through them so I have them in one place. I am going to peruse my favorite websites for some new recipes.
  • I need to get back to making a menu. There are a couple of days we will need to be out of the house relatively early. I need to get my kids fed before we go. If I have a menu, I can plan quick and easy on our busiest days. My kids will be happy and I won't have to drive thru. That makes me happy.
  • I need to start making some time for me. Good thing making time is so easy. I was hoping by saying that out loud it would make it come true. Did it work? I usually get up with hubby in the morning, but so do a couple of our kids. It's on from there. Now they need to go back to their room. The early hours are mine from now on.
  • I need to relax. If we get it done when it's on the schedule, great. If not, it's ok. That's why I plan in pencil. Do our best. That's all I can expect from us.
  • I need to get back to couponing. Having been gone as long as we were, I got out of the habit. I've already started and have a nice little stack to start the great pantry stock up again. What's funny is that most of it isn't for my pantry, that's just where I keep it. Saving money is just another hat I wear. That's funny because I have way too much hair to wear hats. 
I'm hoping that because I've told you all, I can make this happen. Wish me luck. I am gonna need it!

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I am a big list maker too but I use paper. Lots and lots of paper. :0) I am finally getting into school planning mode too. I know what we're doing but it's time to get it all in one place and organize a bit. I have fully enjoyed the summer break but honestly I'm ready for the routine of the school year. I've discovered that too much free time makes me super lazy and I get nothing done. And, I'm with you on the meal planning. Gotta get back into that too....