Sunday, August 14, 2011

Friends Are Friends Forever

Funny enough, that was the theme for my senior prom. It wa a copycat from the year before, which was Friends Are Forever. Crazy people. Some are still crazy, some are crazier. Anyway, I got to spend time with friends while I was in Texas. There is no group of people better than those I call friend. They are amazing people that are intelligent, funny, beautiful, kind, loving, open hearted, open minded (you have to be to be my friend. Have you heard some of the junk that comes out of my mouth?).

 This is my friend ALT. She has a great blog over at High Strung Musings. She has great insight and her opinions and statements are usually spot on for me. Smart and beautiful. Doesn't seem fair, does it? My only regret about this night was not getting pics of my other friends that came as well. May the kicking begin. It was so great to see her and spend time with her. I miss her.

 The cute guy in the middle is my friend S. I have known him since the 5th grade when he woudl get all jacked up on red KoolAid. I love him like he is my brother. We spent many hours talking, working, and being bug nuts crazy. The handsome gentleman on the left is his partner, R. He is a very talented writer. He recently released his book What's Good for Gara? Loved spending time with them.

And this is my best friend from the fifth grade on, R. What an amazing woman she is. The cutie patootie on the right is her son T. I cannot believe how big he has gotten, but I have known him since he was a twinkle in his mama's eye. I absolutely did not get to spend enough time with her either. I miss her something fierce. Beautiful inside and out.

I have known these people since elementary school. There are so many more I missed. I went to school with most of my Texas friends through 12th grade. I love that. Of course, this was back when small town meant something. We all knew each other and everyone else's business. Maybe that wasn't a good thing. I'll have to think about that. Hopefully, next time, I'll do a better job of seeing everyone. I am excited about next time!

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Amy Lou said...

I have so enjoyed reconnecting through the blogger world and the icing on the cake was getting to hang out with you and meet your awesome kids. You inspire me every time I read your blog. You make me want to be the best teacher/person I can be and when I read Mammashus, I know it's ok to just be me and to keep it real. Love ya girl! Come home soon.