Monday, June 13, 2011

Round Up

I'm tired!! We had our end of the school year party for our youth group yesterday. The parents of a brother and sister in our group offered to open their home (I think 'cause their crazy, and they look so sane!) to us. They rented a water slide, we swam in the pool, we had a fantastic time. If the water hadn't been so low in the lake, they would have let us boat and ski. See, I told you they were crazy. They are also the sweetest people. It was a beautiful day for a party. I even grabbed a nap on the way home. I'm glad hubby was driving or that could have been bad. Lots of laughing, very little mischief (see, I can be good), and a fantastic day with fantastic people. Since I'm so tired, this is gonna be a quick one.

The big girl, at the request of a friend, downloaded Hanging with Friends onto her iPod. It's like Words with Friends, only it's Hang Man instead of Scrabble. I adore word games. I got an app store card for my birthday, so heck, yeah we downloaded it. I am such a nerd. Studies show that games like that are great for keeping your brain agile and young. That's one part of my body, I guess. I like it when someone loses, not me, and their character hits the lava. Hehehe. I'm waiting on a word now.

We aren't moving. Hubby and I decided that it was time to give it up. If it were meant to be, God would have opened the doors. Instead, it felt like we were kicking them down. The kids and I are going to go visit for a while. We'll be there until the end of July, so yea!! We get to spend some time with Mermie and Big Sis. I'm hoping to get together with friends while I'm there as well. We aren't going to get to spend as much time as I would like, but I will take what I can get at this point. I am going to take the kids to Six Flags while we're there. I haven't been since I was in my early twenties. You know, last year. I might try to take them to the zoo as well. I think the last time the baby was at the zoo, she was really a baby. I'm also going to try to get the baby in swim lessons while we're there. She still needs a refresher course, and that will give us something to do.

We had four graduating seniors in our youth group. They are all such great kids. I love them like my own, but I'm glad I don't have to feed them. Specially AK. Have you seen a teenage boy eat? He eats twice that! My advice to them is to be amazing. The world is vast and wide and there is so much available. Don't get bogged down in the gunk and the junk. People are people and they are going to show their butts every chance they get. Don't be that way. You are not the person today that you will be next year or 10 years from now. Surround yourself with people that love you for you and you love for who they are. Every day is truly a gift. Know that God has a plan for you whether it's your plan or not. Listen to Him, follow your heart, always keep your head. Like I told one of my other kids that is moving: Be "real people" good, not my good. Being my good will just get you in trouble. 

I gotta go. I need to start laundry, clean the house, go to the library, and pick up some Chinese food. I have a craving and birthday money burning a hole in my pocket.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Big Sis said...

And don't forget start packing!!!! See you soon. Like, for real!!!! Love you. Can you tell I'm a little giddy??