Thursday, April 21, 2011

This and That

I've been so busy posting about our field trips that I haven't done an update blog in awhile. It could also be because all we've done lately is take field trips. We've done school, too, but I'm trying to keep us busy and out of trouble.Good luck with that. Ready?

  • I'm trying to get as much into our days as I can, hence the field trips. We have had some really great ones lately. We have discovered these gems in our area that we probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for the trips. I'm trying to find as many of them as I can before we move (whenever that will be). I could kick myself for not going to the winery sooner. They have great festivals with live music every month. They have a grape stomp twice a year. And it's free. The only thing that would cost us any money would be the wine we buy. I could go broke with that. Since we wouldn't pay for anything else, maybe not. Find the little gems in your area and check them out is my advice to you. I'm just trying to make as many good memories for my kids of their friends and the only place they have ever known as home.
  • Hubby is taking the kids to a hydroponic farm this Saturday. I refuse to go because I don't want to go to jail. So overrated, jail is. I don't like the woman that owns the place. Hubby has been looking into hydroponics for many, many years, but hasn't really done anything about it. He is interested in seeing their set up first hand and getting some new and fresh ideas. He may also come home with a tower of his own. That will be his birthday present. And his Father's Day present. And whatever else I can roll into it.
  • School is going to run a little long for us. I like to start around the beginning of August and run til the beginning of May. Then we have most of May and all of June and July off. As long as we were done by the week of recital, I was good. That week was always so busy, the last thing I needed was more stuff to do. We've taken a little too much time off this year so we are going until the end of June. The kids aren't happy, but I have a feeling they'll get over it. One day. With lots of therapy. Just kidding. Maybe.
  • Easter is almost here. How in the world did that happen? That means it's almost May. May means hubby's birthday, mine a month later, and then it's all down hill until we get to Christmas. Time just will not slow down. Except for my kids that have to school until the end of June. Time will not go fast enough for them. 
  • Hubby and I have decided that wherever we are this summer, we would like to rejoin the YMCA. The baby did such a great job in swim lessons, but we want her to take a refresher course. We really enjoyed last summer. They had a great pool, friendly staff, and I even got to the point I almost had a love/hate relationship with the elliptical instead of a hate/hate. Almost. Zumba was fun, the kids took a yoga class every week, and many of our friends were members as well. 
I tried to warn you that there really wasn't much. Keeping our heads down and our noses clean, and I don't mean by hiding while we pick our noses. On that note, I'm out.

Have a great day.   

2 comments:

Big Sis said...

When I read all your stuff it makes me wanna homeschool my kids. But then I wake up. . .

Tiffany said...

I am slowly transitioning into a love/hate relationship with the elliptical instead of the hate/hate. It takes time... I'm jealous of all your field trips. We're doing the opposite right now--trying to stay home as much as possible. I need time, lots of it and all of it at home. I'm getting some ideas from all of your field trips though. I've done the grape stomping years ago--it's fun! I love the muscadine wine there.