Saturday, April 16, 2011

One Man Show, and a Band

A couple of weeks ago at youth, one of our leaders had mentioned a play that was coming to one of our little community centers. Hubby and I decided that we would take the whole family. We were half the group, literally. We went to see "The Rock and The Rabbi". It is a play about Simon's relationship with Christ, from the "I'll make you fishers of men" moment to after the resurrection. It is told in Simon's voice. It was acted out by one man. Like the title says, it was a one man show. Except he had a band. He had a really great band. The songs were sung from the POV of Simon and Jesus.

We weren't sure what to expect since we had never seen the play before. It was awesome!! And really you have to like a band that has an accordion player, a spoons player, and bagpipes. It was moving and powerful. It had tears in my eyes and my toes tapping at the same time. I cannot recommend it enough.


 Afterwards, all the performers do a meet and greet in the lobby. We were able to see most of them and they were very gracious when they signed the program and the CD cover. If  you get the chance to see them, take it.

Pizza buffet was next. We all trouped over to the local pizza joint and made pigs of ourselves. Ok, I made a pig of myself. I'm not sure about anyone else. We made it home with some day light left and the kids wanted to go to the cul-de-sac up the road. There are no houses and no traffic which makes it a great place for this... 
 And this...
Hubby likes the rip stick. It reminds him of surfing. Yes, I married a laid back surfer dude redneck. Go figure that.

Have a great day.

No comments: