Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Fair and Deep Fried Goodness

We went to the fair last night. We missed the last couple of years, but since we may not be here much longer (I'm starting to sound like a broken record and I hate it), we decided to go. That and it's just a lot of fun. We all have our different things that we like to do. And it was educational. I have the picture to prove it.

 See, I told you so. We learned about the Ferris Wheel and the man who built the first one, George Washington Ferris. We learned this as my family was going on it.
 They are CRAZY! But we already know that. That bad boy was over 100' tall. Thanks, but no, because that means the darn thing was this high...
 Not for me. I am not a rider. My back and my stomach just cannot take it anymore. I am terrified of heights. That's why I don't wear anything higher than a 4" heel. I am the official photographer and holder of the stuff during our fair outings.
 Here's the boy, the big girl and hubby waiting for The Scorpion to start. I tried to get a pic of the ride in motion, but it didn't quite work. It was really cool. From my side of the fence. Bunch of crazies loved it.
And the Caterpillar Roller Coaster. The big girl offered to go with the baby. Good thing because hubby didn't want to try to squeeze his long legs into the little, bitty cars.

The tradition as we leave the fair is to get a funnel cake and a big bag of kettle corn. This year was different. We got two funnel cakes and a fried Snickers. I did give everyone a bite of the Snickers, but it was against my better judgement. Deep fried melty, gooey chocolate and powdered sugar and I was feeling very selfish.

We had a great time. We considered it field trip number two in a whirlwind of field trips we are about to embark on. We have two more in the next five days and I'm planning three more. We'll see how that goes. I'll post some chicken pics later. Love me some chicken pants.

Have a great day.  

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

We haven't made it to the fair this year but we usually do. I'm with you about not riding rides. I get motion sick too easily now in my old age.
I'm enjoying hearing about your field trips, I keep thinking I'll do better about planning more and getting out more but then our regular life is so crazy most of the time it just doesn't happen.