Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Week in Review

I need to start labeling my posts. I've noticed other blogs have done that and I like the idea. If I'm looking for something specific, I can click on the subject. One friend has great recipes, reads alot, and has great homeschool ideas. She has her posts labeled and I can go just click on whatever category I'm looking for. One friend is very inspirational. When I need to be lifted up, I go to her blog and choose a label. Of course, saying and doing are two different things. I may never get to the labeling thing. Opening monologue over, and on with the show.

Hubby has been working some really good over time. All the rain has caused all sorts of trouble and we are very thankful. He's also on call, so that is a nice little "extra" as well. He hasn't gotten called out, which is a little weird. Hubby contracted for awhile and followed the hurricanes making some pretty good money. We always felt a little awkward that his job depended on really bad weather and misery for others. It's still the same way. We are thankful for all the rain we've been having for more than refilling our lakes. It is helping to refill our bank account so we can dig our way out from under our mountain of debt. Hubby works so hard for us.

Friday was the homeschool convention. It was incredible, amazing, and a few more adjectives that I am not going to take the time to list. My friend C said she was amazed at the diversity of homeschool families. I was, too. There were families of all shapes and sizes. The sheer number of people that were at the convention was staggering to me. I was in curriculum heaven. I could see, touch, smell, hear, but not taste because that would be gross. I managed to pick some things up that we needed, and a couple that I wanted. It was awesome!

The big girl went with and she was so good. She played with C's daughter. They giggled more than two girls should be allowed to giggle. The big girl fell asleep on the ride home. I think the sugar rush was over and she couldn't help it. The girls got their faces painted while we were there. The big girl liked what the lady had on her face, so that's what she got. The lady made it look so easy. It was Am's first time ever getting her face painted, so it was nice to be there to see her reaction. It was good to spend some time with just the big girl. It's hard to give each one of them alone time as much as I would like to. Any time I get to spend with the kids is good time.

Thursday was the Health Fair at church. I worked promoting Juice Plus with my upline and had a really good time. We didn't make any sales, but it was still fun. I did get an interesting offer about another venture. There is a fellow church member that is starting to put a new program together for doctors' offices and he wants to talk medical billing with me. I am really excited about where this opportunity can lead. Not only could this be an interesting side project, but being in doctors' offices will be another opportunity to promote Juice Plus.

This week coming up is our last official week of dance. I cannot believe it is ending. We have recital the first week in June and are so excited. The kids have their costumes and I will post pictures as soon as I can. You'll have to wait until after recital for that. I may take some summer classes while the kids are in vacation bible school. They will all be there, so I'll have a little free time. We'll see what I can get away with.

We had lasagna for dinner tonight. We had to go to the grocery store after church and I asked what everyone wanted for dinner. The big girl said lasagna and hubby seconded the motion. It was so good. We haven't had it in so long. It was cheesy and bubbly and melty and mmmmm. We had home made bread with it. I made a loaf yesterday and some rolls. The rolls are all gone. I'll need to make smaller ones of those next time. They were a little on the large side and a tiny bit doughy, but that didn't stop us from eating all of them. I liked being able to control what went into our bread. That's the next hurdle to conquer- making our own bread and being able to keep it up.

We have really felt like we have made some serious progress in being better to our bodies. We are trying to get away from packaged and processed foods as much as possible. We haven't cut everything bad out, but one step at a time. We are eating organic, are taking Juice Plus, and have cut our milk intake. We are spending more time as a family and less time in front of the TV. We are working more outside and trying to be more active. So far, so good.

I have to tell you about what happened in church today. I had to leave the 8:30 service a little early to get to our 10:00 service. I was greeting today and I had to be there about 9:30. Since I was also teaching Sunday School at 10 (spread a little thin today, but hubby helped), I took the two older kids with me. They had stayed in the service with us after the children's sermon, so we left together. I kissed hubby really quick, told the kids we were leaving and we left. The big girl stopped and went back to kiss hubby goodbye. The boy went back and kissed hubby. This was done in front of everyone in the service. We weren't thinking about that. We were saying bye the same way we always do. I was greeting at our activity center and a couple of people who had seen it stopped and commented on it. It was all positive and nobody was offended. It was a normal thing for us, and we were able to brighten the lives of others with it. That made us feel really special that we were chosen for that.

That's about all I have for now. I have some ideas that have been rolling around in my head for my other blog. Tyler and Lydia have been talking to me, so I need to do that. Who knows what'll happen next.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

BeckyJoie said...

It sounds like you have had a busy and fruitful week. May this one be as proserous and may you have favor everywhere you put your foot! Love ya,girl!