Sunday, July 24, 2016

Practice Makes Perfect, Part 2, With Pics!

The group had 3 shows a day, each day, while we were at Knoebel's. The 1:30 was a dance party show, the 6 was God and Country, and the 8:30 was called "Musical Melodies", which was an excerpts from Broadway show. That means lots of rehearsing, lots of costumes, and lots of pics. Have a seat and get comfy. I'll walk you through this set.

 




Ok, so these aren't dress rehearsal pics, but I came across them and liked them so you get to see them. These are from the rehearsal for the 1:30 show. The opener was Best Day of My Life, then various medley's from different genres of music including rock, disco, and country. It ended with a dance party where the audience was encouraged to come up in front of the stage and dance with New Dawn. They did fun songs like Time Warp, Hokey Pokey, Cha Cha Slide, and YMCA.



These are from Best Day of My Life.
 

 
 

 
Wasted Time. This was sung by JK and PH. I miss them. I think about them when I hear this song...
 

 
It's not unusual to be loved by anyone...
 
 
There goes my baby...with someone new...we were so happy...
 


 


Head Over Boots
 


 
Dibs. I know 2 things about this song: 1. CC rocked it. 2. PH and JK would peek out from behind the curtain and say "Hey!" with the song and it became part of the show. Crazy people...
 


Humble and Kind. That is a good song, y'all. This one was set with different scenes on the stage and showed different ways to be humble and kind.
 



Shut Up and Fish. CC and AR dueted this one. Is "dueted" a word? It is now, 'cause that's what they did. This one was good, too.
 
 
  
These are from the disco party. ABBA's Dancing Queen. Disco will never die!!
 
 
I am one of those people that like to watch the show come together from beginning to end. I like to see it from the "Nobody knows what they're doing! This is going to be a disaster!" stage to the finished "That was the best show I have ever seen!" stage. Thankfully, we skipped that first stage by several notches and we totally ended up at that last stage!
 
I know there were more pictures, but my computer and blogger are being stubborn. I think they had a fight. They can get over it because I have more pics and a short video to post. As soon as I can get my computer and blogger to kiss and make up, I'll get everything posted.
 
Have a great day.

No comments: