- We were focused on getting the house cleaned and packed and all that fun stuff. Then the hold happened. I would like to say that we have continued with the process, but hubby has been working overtime, so he hasn't been home to help. He's worked around the house as much as he can, but when you've worked all day and don't get home until after 8, there's a whole lot of butt sitting and not a whole lot of working going on. I get to tackle the cabinets in the bathrooms next. So much junk, so little time.
- If you look at my pantry, it looks like I should be on hoarders. I was trying to stock up on some things so that we didn't have to worry about toilet paper or paper towels. We would have paper plates to eat on until we could get the dishes unpacked and washed. I got most of it pretty cheaply with sales and coupons. And now we're steady using it. Just means I have to keep stocking. Where I'm going to put it, I don't really know. As long as TV cameras don't show up, it's all good.
- With all that was going on, we put school on hold. The kids have loved it, but we really haven't done much to occupy our days. Except clean. We are back at it on Monday. It looks like we will have to school well into summer to finish our year, but it is what it is. We've taken some long breaks and it's time to get back to it. I think the kids are missing some kind of structure to their day. When they start getting on each other's nerves like they have been, and my nerves for that matter, I can tell it's time. And I don't want them to lose anything they've learned so far.
- Speaking of school, I think I am going to forgo curriculum for next year. Normally, I use some of our taxes to buy curriculum. I sat down last night and made a list of all the unit studies and lap books and study guides and whatever else. I'm still not done. I have one more flash drive to inventory. When I'm done, I'll figure out what we may do for next year. I even have a free math curriculum online that I need to look at. I already have math for the baby, I just need to see if this online curriculum will work for the boy and the big girl. And if they need extra help, or more practice, this site offers that as well. I just need to look at it and make sure.
- I turned in all our library books. They were all coming due, I thought we were leaving, and there didn't seem any reason to keep them. Except we are part way through The Lost Hero and I have to request it again. Will it be here before we leave? I don't know. I don't know when we're leaving. I had also cancelled some requests from the library. Now I need to rerequest them. Limbo is no fun.
There really isn't much going on here. I like it that way to tell you the truth. Boring is good. Too much excitement else where. I need boring.
Have a great day.