Wednesday, September 16, 2009

End of an Era

It was made official this afternoon that our JAM program will be no more as of September 30. I am sad on one hand, but also feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. We have decided that we will host some special events at the church for children in our church and in the community. We are planning a Trunk or Treat event, a Christmas workshop, and an Easter Egg Hunt, and maybe a couple of other smaller events.

The last couple of days have been very draining emotionally. I was proud of the job we did last year. This year we were just not ready to scramble as much as we did last year. There were times that were very hard to get through. But we did get through them, just a little more wary every time.

I think this is best for the program. My friend C said that maybe God was directing us in other ways, to focus on a different part of the children's ministry. I agree. And we are going to revisit the possibility of reopening the program, but maybe in a different format, next year. We'll see.
For now, we are going to love the kids while we have them, and hope that we can still minister to them. Thank you to my JAM Crew for a wonderful experience. I love all of you.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Crystal B. said...

Cristy,
Thanks for your leadership, love for our Lord and love for all the kids. No telling what He has in store for our ministry!
c