Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Concentration, The Update

This has been a much better week. I am so grateful and thankful, I almost don't know what to do or say. But then again, it takes alot for me to be speechless.

The kids have gotten up this week, no muss, no fuss. The boy started a trend by getting straight to work. No TV, no complaining, just working. I almost asked him where my real boy was, but I didn't want to push the issue. Although the big girl is not nearly as competitive as the boy, it was almost like she couldn't and wouldn't be outdone by her brother. She in turn started to work with out direction or griping from me. And baby makes three. That's how it has worked all week.

They have even made their beds every morning when I ask them to. The baby can't help complaining because she is just a whiner and it's in her nature. She got it from her brother, who I thought was the greatest whiner of all time. Not so, apparently. They take their JuicePlus, brush their teeth, get dressed and ready for their day. Hold me. I'm scared.

Today was co-op. It was at B's house today. Talk about feeling inadequate. She does amazing presentations with the kids that make me feel like such an amateur. I am, but I don't like feeling that way. She has an absolutely incredible school room. I want one, I want one, I want one. Did I mention that I want one? Well, I do. I am going to take a cue from her and hang some of my posters and maps on a big empty wall that we have. I have a great world map that I am going to have laminated and hang it so we can use both sides. When I get our Spanish up and running, I am going to get some posters with simple words and phrases and hang those up. And I just might see what the teacher store has on clearance and if I can use any of it. Another great resource for those of you that are interested are placemats. You can get laminated placemats pretty cheap at stores like WalMart that have maps, Presidents, math, and all sorts of things on them. Just buy one and hang it like a poster.

It was a banner day and it has been a banner week. The kids haven't fussed about their chores and even sat with me today and folded their laundry. The big girl still has clothes to hang up, but she can do that in the morning. Tomorrow is our last JAM, and I am excited and sad. Sad because of the end of an era; excited because of the opportunities that are being presented. I also have a couple of ideas about some field trips that I am planning, including the pharmacy trip we missed. I am hoping to set up another round for those of us that didn't go for whatever reason. I am also thinking about a field trip to a place that rents heavy equipment. We have friends that work there. Every time we go by heavy machinery, the kids get so excited to watch them work. We'll see how things go. This weekend coming up is Confirmation retreat, so please pray a little extra for us.

That's the skinny as it stands. We are feeling and acting better, all of us. Hopefully, we can continue on this trend.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all know those moms that make us feel less than adequate. However, look at those three amazing angels of yours and you should feel like supermom!! Hugs and kisses for everybody!!

BeckyJoie said...

You're a great mom and good person. I enjoy reading about your week. Thanks for sharing with us.