Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It Begins

So starts the busy season. I knew it was coming, and yet I put off so much work I should have been doing. Now it's like the last minute rush to get everything done.

Hubby is off the rest of the week. The last 9 weeks he has been working 20+ hours of overtime every week. The money has been nice and allowed us to pay off a couple of credit cards. But we would always rather have him. We altered our schedule and even napped a few days to be able to see him when he got home. He is taking a well deserved break now. He isn't getting much of a break at home, but at least he isn't at work, too. And he got a nap today.

Hubby hurt his back is the downside. It's his middle back and we aren't real sure how he did it. I do know that he couldn't lift his arms to drink the milk out of his cereal bowl. When I went to check on him, he had slid down to sit on the floor. We have been putting ice on it and Theragesic and he's eating Advil like candy, but it still hurts some. He's going to the chiropractor in the morning. We love the chiropractor.

I had a meeting for our after school program. It is coming along nicely and there are just a few more things to do. We sat down today and figured out a schedule from the start until our Christmas break. We have decided on curriculum and are seeking volunteers.

On my other blog, I talked about decluttering. That seems to be what our church is doing now. They are trying to identify all the resources and the duplicates and figure out what to do with them. That is basically cleaning out every nook and cranny of all the buildings on campus. I did our JAM closet tonight. Hubby had a committee meeting and the kids and I stayed over at our other building and worked. The kids actually watched a movie and I cleaned. I made dinner before we left and took it with us so we could eat when we got ready and didn't have to wait until we got home. That would have made dinner about 10 pm. It was just tacos and yellow rice, but it was good. We got to church about an hour before the meeting. We ate about 45 minutes later and were able to sit as a family before hubby had to go. That is so very important to our family.

We had to do a quick WalMart trip. We have a coupon for a $50 rebate for a weather radio. We thought they had them, but they don't. While we were there we got coffee. We do the grind your own beans. They come with a container that seals up air tight. I really like the one we have and wanted another. They were out. We got coffee any way because we were out. I hope they have them next time. They are really nice, so look next time you go to WalMart. All in all, it was a wasted trip. Except peanut butter. I kept forgetting to get peanut butter, but I remembered there. And they did have my brand. Maybe it wasn't a waste after all.

We got home and the kids went straight to bed. The baby was more than ready. Me, too, actually, but I felt a little blog time was needed. It has been a long day.

For those of you who are interested, HandsofaChild.com has their semi annual freebie out. It's called Hot Diggety Dog! and is the history of hot dogs. It looks like so much fun. We will be doing that one this year. And Office Depot has a rack of CD-ROMs that are 2 for $9.99. You buy one and get one free. They had some pretty good educational ones. I got typing and a game. I was going to get two educational, but needed a little fun, too I guess. The boy keeps telling me how much he really, really likes the game. The typing tracks your progress and you can print a report. I can use that in the kids' portfolio. It's a win-win. I love those.

That's about all I have for now. I am going to bed. We were going to try to get to the beach tomorrow, but that will depend on hubby and the chiropractor. Wish us luck. I pray you blessings.

Have a great day!

No comments: