Friday, March 13, 2009

Whew!

Man, what a week! It was one of those. We started off busy and never seemed to catch up, so Friday was most welcome this week.

It seems that I was a little over zealous while we were at Disney. I still haven't gotten the film developed. It's now by the back door, which hopefully means it will get remembered on the way out the door to go to the Big Box Store that shall remain nameless, but seems to have taken over modern society. Anyway, after having the baby on my shoulders for a while so she could see the Electric Light Parade, I seem to have thrown myself out of whack.

I woke up Friday quite stiff and sore, then proceeded to walk hunched over like a little, old woman. I finally kicked myself in the butt and got to the chiropractor. I hurt like you know what after and kept having these mini back spasms. I iced for twenty minutes every hour. I was swallowing Traumeel like crazy and praying to God that I could get some sleep and wake up without spasms. I was stiff and sore this morning, but as the day wore on, I seemed to straighten up a little more. I was still a little stiff after sitting in the van waiting to pick up a friend's daughter. And I'm icing right now. But, all in all, I should have gone sooner and I still feel like kicking my own rear.

The kids were great this week. We did a lot of school. They are so stinking smart. The boy has just flown through his work. The big girl seems like she's not paying attention half the time, but aces the test almost every time. And the baby did a whole page of addition problems in a workbook. I showed her how to use the manipulatives and she ran with it.

We have been doing this really great Lent study. It has forty nine activities to choose from. You print them out on a piece of paper and then cut them into strips. You put them in a bowl, or in our case scattered on the island, and pick one every day. There is a coloring picture of an apple tree. You color an apple for every day and a leaf for every Sunday. United Methodist don't count Sundays as official Lent days, but days of closeness with Jesus. I can't remember why, so apparently I wasn't paying much attention to myself when we talked about it.

Our activity yesterday was to make home made pretzels. I had hubby find a recipe for them and find out what we needed from the store. We stopped by the grocery store on the way home and picked up what we lacked. What we didn't know was that they had to rise for an hour and a half. Hubby had the big girl reading the recipe, but step by step and he didn't look ahead at it. So the kids got to help mix it up, but hubby and I did the rest. They aren't the prettiest things, but they are good. Hubby and I ate 3 of them together!

I cleared our schedule for next week and we will be working on a lapbook about St. Patrick. We were going to work on it a little bit every day this week, but I want some time to really do a good job and be able to focus time on it. We couldn't do that just trying to find some time during the day. The kids love working on them. They actually see it as a break from school. That's probably my favorite thing about them right now.

We had a St. Patrick's Day party at the park today. There was green everywhere. The kids wanted to paint their hair green so we stopped and got a can of green hairspray. They loved it and so did I. At one point, I had put some more on the boy, then I had all the kids swarming around me wanting green hair. I ran out and still had kids wanting green hair. I felt so bad. We had a pot luck lunch and have already planned one for Easter. We had a ton of people show up and I got to remeet some people I knew but hadn't seen in a long time. That was the best part to me.

And the girl still and a little green in her hair after her shower. We teased her about not washing her hair and mold and stuff like that. She was a little embarrased, but seemed to have forgotten about it by the time we got to dance.

And we had two co-ops this week. One was veggie and the other was our school co-op. The mom is doing states and she did Hawaii. She asked if we could get a list of the kids names translated, so I called my dad. Thanks, Dad! The kids loved it. It was fun to try to teach them all their names. They did pretty good, though.

And that was a quick view of the week. There was more, but I'm too exhausted to think about it.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cristy said...

Hubby says if it were him, he would delete the comment and not respond. I'm not hubby. Grow a pair and sign your name. You are spouting garbage about things that you have no knowledge. This is my blog and you may see yourself out.

Cristy said...

My favorite button is the delete button.