Saturday, March 7, 2009

Disney World

We finally made it. Thursday we went to Disney. And it was fantastic. We had saved some money from our tax return to go and we came home with about $16. You cannot ask for a better day.

When we left the house it was about 55 degrees. We had the kids in shorts and tshirts because it wasn't going to be cold for long. They all had blankets in the car and I was wishing I had one. Hubby went out to warm up the car, but he didn't turn the heat on. He's blond, you know. I got it turned on, and the seat warmers, too, before we had to get in. I was not about to put my tushy on that cold, leather seat.

The boy was so excited he literally bounced all day. Tigger has nothing on my boy. When he's happy or excited he just jumps, and jumps, and jumps. We stopped by the bank to use the ATM and the kids wanted to know why we were stopping. I said it was because we had had all the excitement we could stand and were going home. There was quite the booing coming from the back of the mini van.

Just pulling into the parking lot was happiness and joy for them. We got there right as they opened and we didn't leave until shortly before the fireworks. It was really cool to watch them from the parking lot instead of our back yard. It's much more impressive to see them at the castle than way over in the distance.

We all got our first time visitors button when we got there. We were greeted by so many of the employees who saw the button. They were gracious and accomodating and very friendly. Except the lady who took our dinner order. The boy couldn't understand why she wasn't happy. She works at the happiest place on Earth. He was funny.

We played all day. We rode the river boat, Haunted Mansion, Aladdin's Magic Carpets, Pirates of the Caribbean, the train, Peter Pan's Magic Flight, Snow White Scary Adventure, It's a Small World, Barnstormer,and a ton of stuff. We only had to wait a short time for most of the rides. At one point hubby took the big girl and the boy to ride Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain. The baby and I can't ride big rides like that so we went and spent some good quality time together.

We went to Ariel's Grotto so she could meet Ariel. She wanted to play in the fountains instead. She go soaking wet and loved it. Then we went and had ice cream. We went to Tinkerbell's shop and she got a new dress and a bracelet. She wanted to put it on right away, so we went to the bathroom and changed her. She was the happiest girl in the world. We got to ride Dumbo and I let her drive. Up and down, up and down she went. I was a little motion sick. Then we got to see the last few minutes of a parade and hubby called us. We met back up and decided it was lunch time.

We all got Mickey ears, no two alike. The kids got their faces painted, and very stunning I might add. We were able to do the things we wanted and it was a beautiful sunny day. Until the sun went down. Then the wind picked up and it was chilly. Buurrrrr!!!!!

We got to see two more parades and the kids were wide eyed and loving it. The boy, poor thing, got swatted a couple of times. He kept jumping on my foot. My poor left foot will never be the same. I told him if he did it again, I was going to whoop him. He did it again. But hubby whooped him. Then hubby tried to move him and the boy didnt want him to. He was trying to get the boy to spot where the boy could jump and not get in trouble. But the boy pulled a baby stunt. He pulled away from hubby because hubby had swatted him. And when he did, he stepped on my foot again. I swatted him that time. I told him if he would have let hubby move him, he wouldn't have gotten swatted the second time.

The Electric parade was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Disney knows how to throw a parade. We had the best time all day. We were all tired and ready to go. We have decided that we need to spend the night at one of the Disney hotels. We want to stay at the one that the monorail goes through. That was pretty cool. The kids don't care where we stay as long as we get to go again. And we all want to go again. I'll post pictures when we get them back.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first time I went to DisneyLand, I had no kids. I cried like a big baby. It really is an amazing place. I'm happy to say that my kids have been at least once in their lives. Glad you got to go!!!