Monday, February 16, 2009

Done, done, done

I'm done, I'm done. All of our curriculum for next year has been ordered. I looked through curriculum for weeks, plowing through websites and catalogues, and I don't know what else. I have searched, researched, re-researched. And finally, it's done. Now I am so ready to look for the year after!

Our foreign language should be here any day now. I am really excited about that. I don't want to do Spanish, but I think the kids will enjoy it. And hubby has already said that he wants to use the software as well. He could really use it in his line of work. And we seem to be getting more and more Spanish only speakers in this area. Besides, it's a four year curriculum. And after that we can always do the German that I want to do.

It took awhile to find the right math. For the boy it was easy. I'm using the same publisher, just a different set. And it's self directed. I thought about using this really great online curriculum I found through another mom. But I would still have to print all the work, so either way, I'm spending money on something. And by the end of the year, between ink and paper, I would probably have spent more. The big girl was a little harder this year. She'll be in sixth grade, which is transitional. I actually had to go with a text book this year instead of a "curriculum". That took me awhile, but once I found it , it was like a boulder coming off my shoulders.

The language arts was easy. The boy is using a self guided curriculum that is really good and fairly inexpensive. The big girl is using study guides for various books that incorporates all of language arts, except grammar. It's literature, reading comprehension, creative writing, and vocabulary. I did have to order some grammar workbooks, but that's alright, too.

I already have our history, science, and bible study. The best part is that they were all free. I am going to need a new bible study by the end of next year, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. And I think that next year for co-op, I might throw a little Spanish in there just for grins and giggles. It will be a busy year again next year. But I'm already looking forward to it, and we haven't even finished this year yet. I am such a glutton.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're addicted!! Sounds awesome.