Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Quiet Week

It has been quiet around here, and I am thankful for that. We start back to school on Monday, but we needed this break.

New Year's Eve was very nice. We had a party with just the five of us. Hubby and I made finger foods to munch on all night. It's become a traditon with us. When we were younger and had no children, we thought nothing of going out and partying and tying one on. But now, we would rather stay home and celebrate than risk it. We had cream cheese won tons, pork wontons, fried ravioli, seven layer dip (it actually had eight, but oh well), and meatballs. It was all so good. And today is the last day for eating any of it. It's been three days and I'm ready to move on.

We played Wii most of the night. That was fun. We made little mini tournaments with some of the sports. And we watched a little TV. We let the kids stay up and watch the ball drop. Then everybody got a kiss and we had a group hug. It was so fantastic. I hope my kids always want to spend fun times like that with us.

And yesterday was park day. Hubby went, too. He got a little bored. Frankly, for a man, you can only sit and listen to women talk for so long and then it's time to go. He did bring the fishing pole, and at one point had a small contingent of boys following him. That was funny. It was almost like the Pied Piper. He did leave at one point to return some books to the library and go to the hardware store. I think he needed a little manly time, and I don't blame him.

And tonight, we go to some friends that we have not seen in a while. We're going to have a bon fire and a weenie roast. That's going to be fun. It's nice to get together with friends. And their kids and our kids love spending time together. They have two girls, so once again, the boy is outnumbered. But he deals with it very well. The woman that gets him is so lucky. He will understand her so well.

Other than that, we have been very boring. And loving it. So we will enjoy the rest of the weekend, because come Monday, we start it all again. School, dance, co-ops, oh my. But while my kids are napping, I think I'm going to get one, too.

Have a great day!

No comments: