Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just a Quick One

Somehow, someway, hubby and I wake up in the morning and there is at least one child in our bed. Usually, it's the boy or the baby. Mostly, it's the boy and the baby. Our queen size bed gets smaller and smaller as the kids get bigger and bigger. I like to tease hubby that one morning we'll wake up and all the kids in the neighborhood will be in our bed. And, inevitably, he and I will be snuggled in the boy's twin bed (the baby still has a toddler bed; way too small for both of us) while our bed has been invaded and overrun.

This morning we went through the same ritual we always do. Hubby snuck back into the bedroom to give hugs and kisses before he left for work. Usually I'm still asleep, but I can feel him walk into the room and I wake up. He gives which ever kids are in our bed a hug, kiss, and Eskimo. But he always saves Mama for last. I love that part. But the funny part is what the kids who are not in our bed do.

This morning it was the boy and the big girl in their own beds. More room for me, so I'm alright with that. But they heard the back door unlock, which isn't loud to begin with, and you could hear them run from their room to the back door. Hubby heard them too as they whispered screamed down the hall, "Papa, wait, I want a kiss." My heart just swelled.

He is so patient, even when he is late. And he was late this morning. But he wasn't about to leave without his kisses and hugs and Eskimos. He says that's the best part of his day. Sleepy eyes and voices, but not willing to let him leave without a little love.

The baby this morning was snoring, sound asleep, when hubby came in. I whispered, "Papa's leaving" and her eyes and arms were open. She was not letting him leave without her goodbye kisses.

I love my family. I am so happy that we have love in our home. I am happy that when hubby gets home at night, the kids run to the back door. They fight over who gets to unlock the door sometimes. They are so happy to see him. But it works the same way for me when I leave. I love my house of love.

Have a great day!

No comments: