Sunday, January 4, 2009

Here We Go Again

We start school tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. The kids are except the part where they don't get t play their video games or the Wii as much. But that's the breaks I guess.

We started a new book tonight. We started "My Side of the Mountain" by Jean Craighead George. We are only three chapters and 25 pages into it, but what a great little book it is turning out to be. We even had a couple of laugh out loud spots. I like those the best. And I always have to take time to show the pictures. The drawings in the book are very good, and kind of remind me of a style long lost.

I ordered "Prince Caspian" as a book on CD from the library. I was first in line, so hopefully in the next couple of days, we'll get it. I really want to do "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", but I think that one is going to wait. And I did "Prince Caspian" as a listener so we could do that during the day or in the van. Our other book is for dinner time, and hubby has to be there to hear it, too.

We had a little swap at the park on Friday. Some of the moms brought stuff they wanted to get rid of, and it was all give away. I got some really great curriculum for when the kids get a little older, but I also got some great books for the kids. They haven't started reading them yet, because they are finishing their library books. I love the fact that they love to read. When you read, so many doors open and so many possibilities can become realities.

When we're done with our book, I'll let you know how it went. Until then, pick up a book and read. Think of your own possibilities.

Have a great day!

No comments: