Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hand Bells Over

Today was hand bell Sunday.We had our performance today, and talk about nerves. We did all three services and I was nervous as all get out. I am not a performer. Iam an encourager. But how did the kids do? They were fantastic! We all did really well, and most of us hit all of our notes and cues. But I think nerves played a part a little bit for some of the kids.

The 8:30 was our best performance I think. It was also our first. I thought I was going to throw up, but the kids looked just fine. I think it's all the dance recitals that they've done. They smiled and counted and rang their handbells. I could imagine myself passing out, but somehow I stayed upright. And managed to hit all my notes.

Hubby dropped us off at 8 am. But he had to go home and get the camera. We both weren't thinking about it before we left the house. I didn't think he was going to get back in time. But as we took the stage, i looked up and there he was at the back of the sanctuary. I was so glad to see him. He got there just as the big girl hit the first note. The bad thing was that the batteries were dead. The backup batteries were dead, too.

The Hymn@10 was a little different. It's a cafe service and people are talking and mingling and eating. I think the kids were busy watching everybody else and lost track. We didn't do so well. I think the boy was watching his table and dreaming about his sausage biscuit. He loves his sausage. The big girl did just fine. She's also our first note.

The 11, we did pretty good. The baby was doing an abbreviated sign language for our song. The Doxology is just a short praise song that we sing after our offering. She did such an amazing job. Wednesday was when she got shown the movements. And she nailed it. She gets it from her mother, you know. Nobody could believe that she had only been shown the signs three days before.

Our associate pastor made an announcement before the service to ask that the congregation not sing, because it was a little different version. That helped us alot. Our version was a little longer. They called it a children's handbell choir, and I was like, "Hello!". But at the 11, she also introduced the two middle school youth who were also in the handbell choir, and the mom (that was me). That was better.

We got alot of positive response. Grandpa came and watched us. Oma was going to come, she even bought a dress. But she was having foot issues with her psoriasis. I was glad she got that close, though. Grandpa even took us to lunch. That was fun, too. I am sorry you guys missed it. But hopefully, next time, you can all be there.

Have a great day!

No comments: