Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Almost

It's almost Friday, right? Not that that matters much in this house. All days are equal. It just seems like a really long week and it's only Tuesday.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with the Christian Education Director at church. He wants to talk about our Wednesday program at church. Our Children's Director is no more, so he's taking over the program. I think he wants to talk about volunteering. Which is alright with me. I had thought about it actually. If the baby gets to go this year, it would be okay with me. It would save me a trip home and back to church, and back home again. And with the price of gas today, I could use a break.

We all get to dance this year. That's four trips to town a week for us. I was hoping that we could get some classes on the same day, at least close to the same time, but that wasn't meant to be. We had some very good family friends give us some leotards for the baby. There are warm and cool weather, and tights. I am so glad about that. I had to get the big girl one more pair if dance pants. Thankfully, I got them on clearance at an outlet store. And she can wear just about anything with them. She outgrew a pair last year. I didn't think they would last until the end of dance but they did. The boy can wear his pants probably another two years. The first pair he wore for three years. Last year was the second pair of pants I ever bought for him. He can wear any shirt, too, so that's cool.

Now I need to pull out my dance paraphenalia. I love that word. I'm not sure if I spelled it right, but oh well. It's my blog and I can misspell if I want to. I am so excited about dance starting. I am excited about putting my tap shoes on again. I'm excited about that hour of nothing but me. I love the ladies I dance with and I love my dance teacher. Miss Valerie works us hard, and she gets us to believe in ourselves.

I think that's probably my favorite thing about dancing. I see my kids start at the beginning of the year, unsure of themselves. At the end of the year I see beauty and confidence in the way they walk, talk, interact, and just live. It is so incredible to see them believe in themselves.

I still don't think I'm doing the recital this year. It scares the crap out of me to get up on that stage. It is so not for me. But now I have at least three days of volunteering. I want to spend time with all my kids back stage. I love the atmosphere back there. And what a way to see and hear the excitement of the crowd. I love to hear them react to a special move that only one class is doing.

My big girl is about to have birthday. The big 1-0. Double digits for her. I love her so much. Despite the efforts of her mother, that girl has turned into a very fantastic person. She is smart, funny, beautiful, and a joy to be around. She makes me smile all the time. And she is slow as molasses. To get her to move fast is like pulling teeth. She is just like her great grandmother. And she has such a caring, giving, loving heart and soul. I am so blessed that she is my daughter. And she loves her family. We were thinking about taking her to play indoor, glow in the dark, miniature golf. How fun does that sound? We looked at the place yesterday and her eyes lit up. She had been talking about having a party at the house, but she likes the golf idea a little better.

School starts for us in about three weeks. The kids are looking forward to it and not at the same time. I am trying to be more flexible this year. But I have to be. I can plan all I want, but if something takes a little longer, then it takes a little longer. We have a big curriculum this year. But everyone seems excited about what we've picked to do. I think that makes a big diffrence in the school process. If the kids are excited and have had a hand in picking the subjects, they have a vested interest. And the baby gets to learn to read this year. I am trying not to panic. And I am trying to have faith in myself that I can do this.

All in all, we never seem to stop being busy. I try to not just be busy, but be fruitful. I like to try to project the love of Christ in all we do. I like for people to see our family and know that we are touched by the hand of God, and that they too can have what we have. We are blessed and thankful that our lives are guided by God, who knows so much more than we ever could. If we can plant that one seed and lead one person to Christ, then we have had a good day. And I hope that you can feel the hand of God and the love of Christ and the guidance of the Holy Spirit in all things. I am grateful for all things.

Have a great day!

No comments: