Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quiet Time? What's That?

I don't have a clue. Supposedly, at Mermie's, every day between 2 and 4, quiet time happens. Have you met my children? Some days, when Mermie isn't feeling well, it's just easier to take my kids somewhere else. They start to feel cooped up after awhile and like to go outside and run and play. Ok, not so much the big girl. Give her a good book and you won't see or hear from her for hours. She gets that from her mama. I got it from Mermie, so really, it's just following the line. We've seen movies, gone to the pool, eaten our weight in ice cream, driven into town and explored, or just hung out together. One of my very favorite things to do is spend time with my kids. Lots of people say that, but have you seen them with their kids? The only down side is that hubby isn't here.

Hubby knows what quiet time is. He hates it. It's too quiet at the house. Nobody greets him when he gets home. Nobody fussing and fighting. His wife isn't screaming at the kids when he gets home (I love my kids, but that doesn't mean they don't annoy me from time to time). He also doesn't have me nagging to him about his honey do list. He misses hugs and kisses and eskimos and, and, and. He misses us something fierce. We miss him right back. He's slept on the couch every night since we've been gone. No wonder his back hurts. 

At Big Sis's house, there is no such thing as quiet. The kids have stayed up late, we've stayed up late, and the noise at times can be deafening. I love the chaos of it all. I can't help it. I'm a freak that way. Between 7 kids and 3 adults, we can make some noise. I'm just glad the cops haven't shown up yet. If they did, I would just challenge them to a dance off. And I'd win. My niece says she likes the smack talk that comes out of my mouth. As long as I can back it up. I have two words, baby girl. Bring. It. See, more smack. That was just for her because I love her.

Our vacation is winding down. Big Sis and I can't even talk about it. Makes us cry. Where did all that glorious time go? I have absolutely loved being at her beck and call. Can you help me...? Will you do me a favor and...? Yes, I will and I can. I think I'm gonna cry now just thinking about it. We're going to go swim in her pool because my BIL worked so hard getting it clean for the birthday party yesterday. It deserves to be used.

I know I haven't taken nearly enough pictures. I have tried to lead by example, failing miserably sometimes. I have tried to love on my family as much as I can. I know that hasn't happened nearly enough for my liking. We have had a great time and gone on many adventures. Too soon, though, it will be back to reality. I'm just storing up treasures until next time. Rose colored glasses, anyone?

Have a great day.    

No comments: