Monday, July 25, 2011

Home

Home, sweet home. What a great feeling that is. We had a great time, that's for sure. OK, after a while the boy was not having a good time. But when you are the only boy surrounded by 6 girls, you wouldn't have a great time either. I feel for him. The best part of coming home was sleeping in my own bed. The beds I slept in were very nice, don't misunderstand. Mine is just better.

Tonight we actually sat down as a family to have dinner in our home. That was a long 5 weeks, but the burrritos and the company were so worth it. Hubby and I couldn't stop smiling. That's one of our favorite parts of the day.

My heart is heavy since we left. I miss Mermie and I miss Big Sis. I miss my sweet, beautiful nieces. I miss driving those roads. I was driving when we merged onto our last interstate. It was about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to our exit. I missed the way Texans drive so much, I drove like one. Probably because I am one. I tell you what! I made it in 1 1/2 hours plus a little. At one point, I actually said, out loud, "I just spent 5 weeks driving in Texas! You don't scare me!!"

I'm almost done getting the pics loaded. I'll start blogging as soon as I get it all straight. I cannot wait!!

Have a great day.

No comments: