Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Alert

It was a great day today. This last week has just flown by. I think it was because we were so busy. So here's the update.

I got to go Christmas shopping today all by myself. It was so much fun. I love that part. My mother in law gave me the money to shop for her for our family pod and boy did I ever. We already had something for the boy, but I got to pick out the stuff for hubby and the girls. Hubby gets to shop for my stuff, hopefully tomorrow. But I might make him take a couple of the kids. Hubby had the kids at his parents house all day. And he's bringing home dinner. And a fresh out of the oven apple pie. So far my feelings are not hurt.

I went to a couple of big box stores, and even went to the mall. I found some pretty good deals and got the stuff everyone has been asking for. We have already purchased the gift for our family pod. And we only got one. But I think we will all enjoy it. I even got a couple of things that we need to complete the gift today. And the mall wasn't as packed as I though it was going to be.

As I was standing in line at Target, I spoke to a couple of really nice ladies. They were sisters and were very friendly. One of the sisters was buying all of the Christmas gifts for the other sister's kids. One sister was having a hard time financially because her husband had been laid off. He builds high rises and that industry has dried up around here. They have been living on unemployment and are two months behind on their mortgage. That is a hard story to hear. So many are without this season and some are even homeless. It definitely makes me grateful for what I have.

I got to come home and wrap everything. My mother in law offered to wrap it, but that is my second favorite part. I got to spend the rest of the afternoon playing with ribbons and bows and wrapping paper. It was so much fun. I love gift bags and tissue paper. I love my wrapping station that holds it all. And I loved having some time to myself. The tree looks so much better with presents.

Friday was park day. It was cold and windy, but that didn't stop alot of us from showing up. We were even one of the last two families there. We planned a "Happy Birthday, Jesus" coloring book exchange for next Friday. I love the fact that we can do things like that. And I love the fact that people participate. You can't do that in public school.

Thursday the boy had two teeth removed. He needs the room to let some of his teeth come in, and maybe straighten them out a little. He didn't have pemanent teeth removed, just baby teeth that weren't going to be loose for a long time. He got to be numb and everything. I always loved that part. The dentist said he was such a good boy. She said if the rest of her patients for the rest of the day were that good, it would be a banner day. I was so proud. And those suckers were huge! They still had the root attached and they were cool. The boy was so excited about the tooth fairy. His cousin told him that when he had teeth pulled, he got $2 a piece for them. The boy got $5. And the tooth fairy let us keep one for show and tell. I wrote a note and asked if we could keep one, and she let us. Maybe I'll get a picture and post it.

No science co-op on Thursday. Our facilitator was having a busy week and cancelled. She didn't have the time to prepare a lesson and didn't want to do bad job. I whole heartedly agree. It was a busy week for us as well, and that gave us some time to ourselves. We were able to get some catch up work done. It also let us get a big nap. I really needed that.

Wednesday was our last JAM until January. We partied and had a really good time. We had sloppy joes, chips, and juice boxes. Then we did a really great relay race based on Christmas carols. That was so much fun. When I have a little more time, I'll explain it to you. And we did our giving craft. The kids "shopped" in magazines and catalogs and "bought" things for other people. Then they glued the picture inside a "gift box" and decorated the "box". Then we watched "The Nativity Story" and had popcorn. That is such a great movie for relaying the danger and hardships Joseph and Mary went through to bring Jesus into this world.

Tuesday was party day for our other co-op. Everybody brought something to share and a gift. We had drawn names for a secret Santa and made a gift. I am so not artsy, but we did pretty good. We did reindeers out of popsicle sticks, googly eyes, and pipe cleaners. They turned out pretty good, but I had a hard time getting the sticks to stick together. Thankfully, the other moms have hot glue guns, so they can piece them back together.

Monday was "do as much school as we can because we have a busy week" day. We crammed as much as we could into that day. Thankfully the kids were pretty receptive to the idea. And don't forget dance all week long.

That's a look into our busy week, such as it was. Hubby is home, and he has dinner. I love dinner I don't have to cook. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Crystal B. said...

Cristy,
You rock...my role model.
Crystal

Cristy said...

Aw, shucks. It's not always as easy as it sounds. I just take one step ata time. But, thank you. It's good to hear and be lifted up.

Cristy