Saturday, July 11, 2015

She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain

One thing that Big Sis and I wanted to do was ride the Alpine Coaster in Pigeon Forge. Ever seen it? It's a single or double rider car that you control. You control the speed while riding down a track built into the side of a mountain. If I control the brake, I can handle it. Or at least I thought I could. My issue is that my dad's driving makes me incredibly car sick. Guess who drove? I was so sick when we got there, the thought of going down the mountain on a curving, turning, twisting track was NOT making me feel any better. Big Sis, on the other hand, doesn't have that issue. Lucky ducky...



We passed the place we wanted to go to. We stopped at a place called "Goats on the Roof". Want to know why? Keep scrolling. You'll see. But you'll miss the pics of the track. You go up, up, up the side of the mountain, and then you come down. See the curve right above the ticket booth? That's the big loop. Thank goodness you don't go upside down!
 

This is Big Sis coming around one bend and heading for another. She wanted to go full out, but the lady in front of her kept applying the brakes. Like I would have. Which is why Big Sis goes first.




And here she is, coming around the mountain. She wasn't driving six white horses, but I went out to greet her. See what I did, there?

 For some reason, this pic is out of order. This is Big Sis getting strapped in and heading up. She was so excited. I was so sick...


They call it "Goats on the Roof" because, well, there are goats on the roof. They were so stinking cute!!

I really wanted to bring this one home with me. Such a sweet baby! You can buy goat chow and feed them, but this one just likes to hang out with people.


And, of course, you can buy buckets of dirt to pan through. You are guaranteed real gems in every bucket. For $10 a bucket, I better be. Hubby wanted the stack since he likes to pan for gold and gems. Not happening.


This is Big Sis getting ready to board the cart on the actual coaster we were looking for. We passed it and back tracked after the first ride. This time she got to ride full out for the whole ride.



And there she goes. I almost couldn't watch. But I did, because I'm a good sister like that.



And she's still smiling! She said she liked this one better and I'm inclined to believe her. I did it again! I'm full of puns today!


This was the souvenir pic that you can buy. It's taken on the way up. I love the smile! She was loving it already.

Apparently there's another one in Gatlinburg that comes out over the road and juts out over the river. I'm not sure that would be the one for me. If you're ever in that area, give these coasters a try. I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. Unless the lady in front of you keeps putting on her brakes. Just don't get on after me. It'll be a slow descent...

Have a great day.

No comments: