Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just Some Pics

I was scrolling through my phone looking at some of the pics. I needed to get them off my phone and onto a blog. So this is what you get:


The kids got haircuts. Thank goodness for that. I had been trying since Thanksgiving and we finally got it done in January. The big girl debated about getting bangs. She finally went with a yes. I think they look really good. Makes her look grown up. The effect in person is much more pronounced. My park mamas said she isn't allowed to have bangs ever again. I agree.


The boy, on the other hand wanted a mohawk. You should know I am not one of those moms that is super conservative when it comes to hair. OK, I'm not super conservative about a lot of things. I told him I didn't care, but the weather was about to be cold and he probably didn't want a mostly bald head for that. He agreed and we compromised. So this summer, the boy may actually sport a mohawk. We'll see.


This is part of Caution, our youth praise band. OMG, they are so good! I'm not just saying that because I'm their mama. All of these kids have such a passion for God. They are super talented and it shows. And look, there's the big girl!


This was a Christmas puzzle I got off the clearance rack. Gosh, I love an after holiday sale. This one was fun, too. The house almost got us, but we won. Looks pretty good.


Why on earth would I include this blurry pic? Because this is my boy, HL, being baptised. He texted me that afternoon to tell me he was being baptised at the church that meets at our church. That small church has embraced our kids and made them welcome. They meet on our campus and the kids really enjoy it. When HL called, I knew we had to be there. So very proud of his decision to reaffirm his faith and choose to recommit himself to Jesus. I could cry all over again. Love that boy!! He is not a boy anymore, but a young man. There I go again, sniff.



This was a fortune I got. All I have to say is, well, duh.


 The kids did a tea party at book club. Frommer's is running a contest and the librarian tied the England guide with the Harry Potter series and a tea party was born. We missed the meeting before, when they made the sign. I forgot to put it on our calendar. But we made the tea party! The tea was also Harry Potter tea. There were four flavors and they were all named after the houses at Hogwarts. Too cool.



Some days, I could smack him. Hubby had a day off, so he came to the park with us. He fished most of the time, but he needed an activity break. On the ripstick he went. Whatever. So jealous, and I'm not afraid to admit it.



We usually go to the same pumpkin patch every year. We found this one a couple of years ago and just love it. They have cool pumpkins. You have to love the butt pumpkins. I mean, really. They look like butts. And this year, the brain pumpkins were way too cool. They look like they have a dreaded skin disease and you shouldn't touch them. But you can't help but touch them. And take pictures for the blog.


My poor sleepy boy! I just had to. You would think he would use his neck pillow. Yeah, no.


Not sure why this pic isn't with the other one, but this is HL when he came up from being dunked. Oh, there I go...


The kids and I went to a local park at Christmas to look at the lights. We had some time between dance classes. We normally go after we open presents with the rest of the family on Christmas Eve. Since we weren't doin that this year, I made some time to take them. We like running around under the lights. The tree lights are synchronized with music. They have bleachers set up for you to sit and watch, so we did.


This is the group of kids that met for the tea party. Not sure why the big girl is standing so far away or why she looks so miserable, but I have an idea. It got better and she even laughed.

That's it for now. I do have an update blog working and I need to post the pics of our airport field trip with the baby's girls club. That was cool. We even got to see the tower. What a view!!

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Big Sis said...

Bullet points, yippee!!!

*I agree she looks way too grown up. And this picture shows how her eyes look just like yours.

*Love that I can see the boy's face. It's spectacular when he smiles.

*And pics of the sweet baby??

I love you!!!

Cristy said...

After I posted this, I realized the baby was nowhere to be found!! She may get a blog all to herself to make up for it...