Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trick or Treat











Here are the kids in all their Halloween glory. The big girl looks happy, doesn't she? Not real sure what her problem was, but I have an idea. Her cousin, who is a year older, didn't trick or treat last year or this year. He even brought his best friend over this year. They stayed at the house and handed out candy. The big girl asked if she could stay and I told her yes. She's growing up too fast.
We did hit a couple of the grocery stores we said we were going to. The kids had a great time and so did we. The first store had stations set up and you went from station to station. The second store was a little more fun. You had to look for the employees that had the candy baskets. It was like treasure hunt trick or treating. I had to run into the mall really quick to use a free coupon at Bath and Body Works. They were trick or treating in the mall. I called hubby and told him. He took a vote with the kids to see if they wanted to come in. They did. So we went through most of the mall and had to boogie to hubby's parent's house.
At least half of the houses were dark this year. They were either empty, or not participating. Even the number of candy seekers was low this year. Normally the streets are pretty crowded. Not this year. There were also more fall festivals going on on Halloween in this area. That also cut the number of candy seekers. I had one of our church members ask why we didn't do our trunk or treat on Halloween. I told him we held it on a date when the four volunteers could be there. He said we need more volunteers. Honey, that's why we cancelled JAM. You work on that and get back to me.
Monday, I woke up with a headache and a stuffy nose. So during my stuffy headed day of trying to get the kids schooled and everything else, I forgot about the dentist. We were going to exchange our candy for money and an entry into a drawing for an iPod nano. What are we going to do? Give away as much candy as I can is what I'm going to do. We sure don't need all that we got.
Have a great day!

No comments: