Monday, November 2, 2009

Busy, AGAIN!

This was not the best week when I was making plans. Apparently, I decided that we weren't going to be running crazy enough and needed something to spice up our life. I don't always make the best decisions. We do have cool stuff happening, though.

Today is our only down day. The big girl has dance, but other than that, nothing. I do have several errands to run on our way. Mostly they add up to about five minute stops, but you get too many of those and an hour has gone by. I almost planned a "play date" for this morning, but hubby was the voice of reason. I didn't necessarily want to hear what he said, but he made too much sense to ignore him. Thanks, Hubby.

Tomorrow is co-op. No need to say more, really. We are going to be learning about differences in people. Some we can see and some we can't. It should be quite interesting really. I am looking forward to the lesson. I do know that we are going to be spending quite a bit of time outside. Tennis shoes for everyone, the email said. OK.

Pizza soup is in the crockpot. I sat down this weekend and got the menu put together. We also have some old favorites on the menu as well. With all the new stuff, I think the kids need something familiar. I included a little something for everyone. One of the activities that goes with our history is to make a monk's dinner, which consists of lentils. I have a great recipe for a lentil stew. So that will go in the crockpot bright and early on Wednesday.

Bright and early because we have a field trip Wednesay. We are going to learn about the Seminole Indians. We are caravanning and carpooling with some people from our co-op and we get to see some friends we haven't seen in a while. We are really looking forward to it, but I will miss my dance class. I'm not sure about the boy and the baby. It will depend on when we get back and how tired they are if they miss theirs. We're taking a lunch, but will be ready for lentil stew when we get home. If it comes out well, I'll post the recipe. If it doesn't, I'll let you know that, too.

Thursday we have a birthday party in the morning. Yet another great advantage to homechooling. Parties whenever you want. We have another birthday party on Saturday for a friend of the big girl. Her friend recently started going to private school, and they haven't seen each other in quite some time. It will be good to see my friend, too. Her mom is super funny and I love being around her.

That's all for now, but isn't that enough? So much for unsocialized homeschoolers. This is an unusual week, and we will get through it. I'm going to go take a nap for just a little while. That always helps during a busy week, too.

Have a great day!

No comments: