Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ick!!

I would say that this had been a boring week except for one thing-all the kids have been sick and so has hubby. My nephew got a flu shot and a couple of days later, he had the flu. Of course, his parents didn't bother to tell us that on Halloween when we were all together.

Sunday, the big girl started sniffling a little. Then she started sniffling alot. No, no, no, no, no. Well, that didn't help. She even missed dance class on Monday because she didn't feel good. She never had a fever, but her nose ran and ran.

Tuesday night was dance for the baby. She loves her dance class, and she does so good. It was a little chilly in the evening and the boy was wearing a jacket. And wiping snot all over the sleeves. It was so nasty. But he wouldn't go get a Kleenex. And it was either wipe his nose on his coat or let it run. Bleck! Bless his heart. He was in a pretty good until dinner time.

The boy had a melt down. He was tired and sick and he wanted to go to bed. I made him eat a little to get something in his belly. Then I poured medicine down his throat, put him in PJs and sent his whiny butt to bed. Bless his heart. He had a fever the next morning, which meant no dance for Mama. I couldn't drop him off at my in laws when he's that sick. We also missed our JAM program. None of us were happy about that. The boy kept blaming himself, but I told him it was just something that happened.

Then Thursday morning dawned with more fever from the boy. It never went very high, and I kept an eye on it. I try not to give my kids anything until it gets above 101. Fever is a good thing for your body, and allows it to fight. We missed our science co-op on Thursday. But again, I wasn't taking anyone anywhere with the ickys.

Thursday night was a little rough. The baby was up and down and whiny and I knew exactly why. Friday morning she asked for a waffle for breakfast but only ate about two bites. That was clue number two. Clue number three was her coming to me, no matter where I was or what I was doing, with her arms raised, a sad look, and a pitiful "Hold me." Poor baby. So needless to say we missed park day. We really weren't happy with that. But it happened. And the boy missed dance Friday night.

And all week, my poor hubby has been fighting the same thing. He hasn't had it nearly as bad, thank you God. But he can't take a day off either if we are coming home for Thanksgiving. He had an extra day, but he blew it feeling lazy one day. That'll teach him. No, it really won't. But he stuck it out and was really glad for Friday night to come. I even let him sleep a little late on Saturday. He was already up when I came in, about to get in the shower.

We ran some errands today, but we also doped everybody up good and proper. And the kids were so good at the checkout at Wally World. They even got a compliment on how great they behaved. Of course, the cashier asked if they were my grandkids. I could have slapped her. I'm only 38. Hubby said she must have been smoking something really good. I think it's because people don't normally discipline their kids. I am trying so hard to give her the benefit of the doubt. Or a great big slap. No, benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully, they'll all be better soon. Lysol is being sprayed generously, everything that has a surface is being Clorox wiped, and chests are being rubbed with Vicks Vaporub. I am so ready for a vacation.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Oh, no! I hope everyone feels better soon. There's all kinds of crud going around at work too. So far, we're keeping the germs at bay!

Love you,
Scott