Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dial up bites

Dial up has become the bane of my existence. It is so slow!!! But I guess that's the price you pay for living out in the country. Sure, we could get a high speed line with the satellite, but I don't really want to spend that kind of money. When we first moved out here, it would cost us an arm of a leg. Now it would only cost us an arm or a leg.

Our science for our next school year is weather. The kids are excited, I'm excited, my husband is excited. When you live in an area that has extreme weather like we do, it's kind of an interesting subject. Anyway, I got on iTunes to see what kind of things I could download. There were six that go along with our curriculum. There were also a couple that went with our history. But it's taking forever to download.

I've been working on this for forever now. At least four days. But I have to download them one at a time. Yes, I know that iTunes will allow multiple downloads, but it makes it so slow. And a couple of the things I'm doing have over 100 MB. For Pete's sake, finish already. I've been working on one for at least three days now. So hang on, I'm doing math in my head, counting days...carry the one...just joking about the carry. I've actually been working on them for six days. Aarrgh. Dial up bites.

I guess I should just be happy that at least I have a connection. Kind of hard to do these kinds of things without one. I guess I should be glad I have a computer to do this with, too. Maybe I'm just a little cranky. Maybe a snack would help. No, dial up still bites.

Have a great day!

No comments: