Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another day, another chance to clean the bathroom

Yea, it's bathroom day. That's probably my least favorite room to clean. Face it, we all know what happens in bathrooms. Yuck. It's even worse when you have kids that don't clean up after themselves. Thankfully, mine have been trained better than that. Well, maybe not the boy. He's been trained, it's just a matter of getting him to do it more than once. Or aim better. But my husband says it's not as easy to aim as it seems. My response-sit down then.

Another thing I don't understand is how the toothpaste gets where it gets. It seems a pretty simple thing to put toothpaste on your toothbrush. But apparently, it's also easy to put it on the mirror, the door, the cabinets, the floor. Were you really not paying attention? How did it get on the door? Do I really want to know?

And for a family that doesn't take baths, where did the tub ring come from? I mean, really, the dirt should go right down the drain, right? Do tubs come automatically with a ring? Maybe they do, but we can't see them until the tub gets wet? I'm reaching here.

And don't get me started on cleaning the floor. I can't stand to sweep and mop, but I know it has to get done. I thought I would go on strike at one point. If I don't do the cleaning, it doesn't get done. But there in lies the problem. If I don't do it, nobody else does either. And I like a clean spot to put my rear. But I am very thankful I'm not cleaning a public bathroom. Ewwww. And on that note, I leave.

Have a great day!

No comments: