- Yup, there has been a lot of yuckiness around here. The big girl and the boy had it 3 times! I tell everybody I can't be mad at them. At least they're sharing! I did tell the kids after round 2, though, that if they got it again, I was dropping them at the animal shelter. Every time they got it, it was just a little different than the time before. I found that one of the best things for a cough is a spoonful or coconut oil followed by a spoonful of raw, local honey. It took about 15 minutes to work, but at least the big girl was finally able to sleep. We missed roughly 3 weeks of school and each of the kids missed at least 2 weeks of dance. Everybody is fine now except for the runny noses. So. Much. Snot...
- School is way behind due to bullet point number 1. There won't be much of a spring break around here. We'll take a few days because the big girl is spending time with a friend and I'm hoping to have my niece and nephew for a couple of days. We'll see how it goes.
- We have a new to us vehicle! It was time. We had finally found parts for the van that were available and not expensive. But once we took care of the little stuff that seemed like a big deal, we ran into some things that were big stuff that was a big deal. Stuff that would take hours to fix or a professional. We traded her for a 2006 Jeep. Gorgeous vehicle! She's silver and chromed out and did I say gorgeous? It's MUCH smaller than the van on the inside and we're having a hard time figuring it all out. Sometimes I wish we had gotten the Suburban, but it was way out of our price range. The Jeep had a leaky sunroof (every used vehicle with a sunroof is a flood waiting to happen, and I don't mean outside your vehicle), but hubby fixed it because he totally rocks!
- Dance rehearsals started back in February. The kids are learning their company recital dance. They've started recital dances in their regular classes as well. So much to learn! We're also involved in some fund raisers. We are raffling Easter baskets, we are starting birthday parties at the studio, and we are having hot dog/bake sales at a local retailer. Add that to the regular schedule and things get crazy around here.
- Science co-op is getting ready to wind down. It has been an interesting year, that's for sure. I've enjoyed hanging with the younger crowd and not listening when I have to sit in on chemistry. I'm glad the boy and the big girl are both in that class. That means I'll only have to teach it once. Or find a teacher. My friend M has volunteered to teach a speech and debate class next year. We just may do that.
- I did a quick clean out of the curriculum cabinet. I did take some things out to sell that I know I won't use. There are a couple of local used curriculum sales I may participate in. Get rid of what I can and see if I can trade for what I need. I'm already planning for next year, but you already knew that. My next step is to make a list of what I need to complete a set, and what I want to complete a set. I've made a bunch of copies this year, but at least I have them for later.
- We're getting new chicks! We need to make them a home for now and a home for later. We figured we put them in with the older ladies since there are only 2 of them left. And that's one reason we're getting new chicks. We're getting chickens that lay green eggs. That's going to be so much fun!
Have a great day.