Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Birthday!!


When we planned our trip to Texas, my sister had planned a birthday party for my youngest niece. It was for the weekend after we left. We would miss another one. She asked if I wanted her to move it up a weekend. Yes, please and thank you!!!


 

 This is the invite. My niece wanted a dolphin themed party. Ok. Big Sis mailed it to my kids at Mermie's house. We were at her house while she was filling them out. I told her we would just take it. She said no. The kids like getting mail. And they did.
 This is her front entry way. She hung these curtain streamer things in colors of the ocean. The kids loved playing in it. And pulling it down.
 I had planned to crop these pictures, but my photo software is all wonky. After I crop a picture, it disappears. I cannot find it anywhere. The point of that was to not pay attention to the mess on the table. She hung the streamer thingies in front of her laundry room to block the view. I never knew such a thing existed. I am enamored with the streamer thingies.
 The woman that normally makes the birthday cakes wasn't able to this time. Big Sis had to drop back and punt.



This is what she came up with. It turned out pretty good. We made a pretty blue frosting that's on the outside of the top layer. Upsets me a little the color is washed out in the picture. On a bright note, there are Mrs. Baird's buns in the background. I am not one for white bread anymore, but that is one fine bread. That's what we ate growing up. We would drive by the plant when they were baking. Flying by the bakery at 65 mph on the interstate, windows up, and the smell would just over take you. That wonderful scent of baking dough would just surround you. Sorry, I got carried away.
The water slide from the infamous frog incident. The kids had a blast. They would go back and forth from the slide to the pool, from the slide to the pool. The kids slept very well that night. So did I.


 The princess. That's really all I have to say. Except, gosh, I miss her! And her sisters, too!! And their mama!!! And their Mermie!!!!
 Give the kids the camera and you never know what you're going to find. The dolphin is from a "toss the ring on the dolphin's nose" game. It came with three or four rings. Apparently, the dolphin was thirsty. You would think it would have gotten a Dr. Pepper.
 You have got to love the self portraits. Really? This one is crazy so look out for her.

 Yeah, he got into the game, too. I am so glad he cut his hair. He's crazier than the girl in the last pic.

 Group pic of the kids that came to the party. Nice turn out. The pool wasn't nearly as crowded as I thought it was going to be. Of course, having the water slide helped.


I got the "Best Present at the Party" award. Big Sis (that's her on the right. Isn't she pretty?) said N wanted a dolphin pillow pet. So that's what she got. She loved it. My kids didn't want to let it go while we walked through the store. I like the dolphin, too. It's soft and cuddly. I might have to get myself one.

We had a great time. We were so excited to be there. I am so thankful Big Sis changed the date. All my pics didn't load or I would show you the tiers of cupcakes. They were so good. I think I had four. I went into a cupcake coma and the rest of the day is a little fuzzy. But I know it was awesome!

Have a great day.

No comments: