Saturday, March 17, 2012

Field Trips, In Pics

We have taken a couple of field trips this year. We count any activity that takes us out of the house and books and away from our studies as a field trip. Because we can.

For instance, hubby had a day off and I had a coupon. So we went bowling. Gosh, coupons rule! This one included food, drink, bowling for 2 hours and shoes for about $30. We can't bowl or eat without a coupon for that price.



The shoes the big girl and I got had the shoe strings tied together. Nobody else's were like that. We shuffled around and were actually going to try to bowl that way (because we're crazy), but they came untied. We thought about tying them back together, but we were discouraged by hubby. Probably the smart thing to do. I still don't like being told no even when I would probably end up on my face. Grrrrr...


The boy wanted me to get a picture of the bowling ball coming back to us. Ok. It took me a couple of times to get one I liked. It is a phone after all and not a camera. I thought this one looked cool.

Just a shot down the lane. We were done and I had been so busy having fun that I forgot to get pics of us actually bowling. Oh, well, at least I got the bowling ball pic!

We also went to the annual Pow Wow that comes to our area. We missed it the last couple of years, but I was bound and determined to go this year. It just so happened to fall right at the end of our Native American study. It wasn't as elaborate as it has been in years past and I think the kids were a little disappointed. I was. They normally have a grand entrance of all the tribes represented. They parade in their finery and it is pretty awesome to see.


This is the boy and the baby with some of their friends hanging out circle side. The boy wanted to get closer to the action and the baby was having trouble seeing so up they went. If they had gotten any closer, they would have been in the circle.


This is one of the dancers preparing for exhibition. He is 11 and is in training for competition. He made me tired just watching him. He was really good. We wish him well.


There is an eagle rescue group that is always there. This is one of their eagles. Beautiful!

We had a great time. Again. We had friends there and that always makes it better. I would like to take the kids to a huge pow wow. There are some awesome ones in New Mexico and Arizona. One day, one day...

A fellow homeschooler set up a field trip to a place called Sky Zone. It is all trampolines. You can bounce off the walls if you want. They had a place for little kids, big kids, and a dodge ball court. Dodge ball on trampolines. I know you want to play. Hubby took a day off to go with us. You know it was a good time.


Yeah, the baby was the one that got hurt. Hubby was trying to teach her how to do a flip. She didn't quite make it all the way around this time. Oops...


Hubby ain't right. I could kick him. Yeah, just keep doing back flips. And double back flips. Whatever...So jealous, can you tell?


It didn't take the baby long to recover. She just needed a mama hug. Then it was off again. She gets that from her father.
 

Even the big girl jumped. And jumped. And jumped. This is her with her friend S. I'm just glad I got her in mid-air. Now I have proof.

We love field trips. We are about to be super busy (duh), but now it's at home. We've been working on our square foot garden and need to get the strawberry plants in the tower. We had strawberry plants that we bought in a kit, but they were DEAD when we went to plant them. We are very unhappy about that. We put them in the tower anyway, hoping, but nothing. They come out today and our living plants go in. We are also adding cabbage, and then lettuce in a week. I'll post pics when it's all done. We also have to work on cleaning up the area designated as our chicken coop. It's time!! Then it's time to build the coop and the nesters!! Whoo hoo. Like we need something else to do.

Have a great day.

No comments: