Monday, January 17, 2011

Tap, tap. Is This Thing On?

Hello, testing, testing. Yes I know it's been awhile. I promise to try to be a better blogger. While I was away, though, I had lots of time to do some self reflecting. That's always scary, but it's also for the other blog. This one is a random blog. Here come my favorites: bullet points. Oh, I have missed them.

  • My goal this year is to take at least two more steps in our health journey. I'm not sure which steps those are, but I'm going to take two more. Actually, one thing I have started is more organic grains. I can get them relatively cheaply at the health food store. I am looking this year to get a grain mill to start making our own flour. I like making our own bread, but I would like to make it even healthier for us. I am also going to try some quinoa pasta. If you have not had quinoa, I highly recommend it. I made quinoa pilaf for dinner tonight that was really good.
  • I go from that to chocolate pie. The baby asked for one at Thanksgiving and I still haven't done it. I'll get it, I'll get it. On top of that, the big girl has asked for Italian wedding soup and hubby asked for something, but I can't remember right now what that was. But the boy has a birthday coming up and he asked for an ice cream cake. Aaahhhh!! Don't let that fool you, I love it.
  • The boy has a birthday coming up. He will be 10. His last year in single digits is almost up. What a character he is. I need to get on the web site for our local Christian station. You can have your name announced for your birthday on the air. The kids like to hear their names. I have managed to get in during the Family Name Game for all three of my kids. The radio station sends you a copy of the call so that's cool.
  • Following closely behind the birthday boy is my anniversary. 16 years. Who would have thought that someone would put up with me that long? I'm glad he has, though. And bringing up the trifecta of events is the baby's birthday. Egads, she'll be 7. Can I say (of course, I can, it's my blog), that although I blame hubby and my older two kids for spoiling her (they did, let me tell you what), I continue to baby her now that they've stopped. No wonder she won't quit whining.
  • I have most of our curriculum sorted out for next year. I realize that I'm bored with our curriculum. I may use the million and one unit studies and book studies that I have. I get so much stuff for free. I need to clean off my computers and get everything on a disc. Put that in line with things I need to do. I am still looking at math for the boy. I'll make a decision soon.
  • Just Dance 2 is one of the most addictive games. Our friends, the Ps, brought it over for our little New Year celebration. It was so much fun, I bought it. It was on sale, darn it, and we love it. I have even downloaded some songs from iTunes that are in the game. Thankfully, they were running a 69 cent sale. The big girl and I have a serious competition going on. I will not be outdone, but she is giving it the old college try. I should ground her, but I won't. Where would the competition be if I did that?
  • We are hoping to get enough back in our taxes to pay off our minivan and build a small deck on the front of the house. If we have enough for the deck, we are going to lure some friends over with the promise of a cook out, then surprise them with a building party. If you get invited over somewhere in mid March for a cook out, this was your warning.

That's about it for now I guess. A big shout out to my friend, ALT, who just started a blog. Enjoy the process. Sometimes it's what you want to say, and sometimes, it comes out wrong. Just keep at it. I hope you find much, much joy in your blog.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Big Sis said...

FINALLY!!! I love you!!!

Amy Lou said...

Am I wrong to say I am glad that I don't live in your neighborhood if it means manual labor? Although, I would be happy to help you out with any other task.

Cristy said...

Oh, Amy Lou, I should tell you that when I say a building party, it means the men build while we go shopping and eat sushi. Oh, and we leave the kids at the house. Sure you don't want to help?