Thursday, August 13, 2009

Catchin' Up

It has been a bit of a busy week, and I'm not real sure I like that. We've been trying to slow our schedule down, but apparently we haven't been doing a very good job. Some days I wasn't sure if we were coming or going.

Friday was pretty busy. We ended up going to the park for a little bit. There was only one other home school family there. I had a blast, because I really like the mom. She and I have both spent our fair share of time in the Lone Star State. I love that place. That's not the only reason I like her. She is smart and funny and great to spend time with. Our kids get along and spent quite a bit of time together.

From the park to dance sign ups is where we went next. I wanted to get there early and try to consolidate some dance days. I did get it down to three which is an improvement over four. There is the possibility that the big girl will get to move to a Tuesday class, which would cut us down to two. That would be suhweet. I could definitely deal with that. The boy is taking ballet this year. I really do not think he will like it very much. It's a beginner's class and he won't get to be as "free". I could be wrong and he could love it. We'll see. The baby is excited about her tap shoes. She wants to wear them all day and play in them. I told her no. She'll tear them up before class even gets started.

After a little down time at home, we had to get to church. The youth were having a dinner to raise money for a confirmation retreat. Most of the ingredients for the dinner were donated, and even the cooks donated their time. The big girl had to be there early to help set up, serve, clean up, and whatever else. The up side was that because she helped, she got to eat for free. The youth raised over $400. I thought that was fantastic. We even had a full house and a few to go orders. Then we had a church service with a ministry that has come in to try to help our church with some issues. It was a very good service, but we did leave a little early. It had been a long day for us and the kids were more than ready to go.

We were at church again on Saturday for a training session and short service. We left at the break and went to a family fair that was being run by a local business that was totally free. The food, activities, prizes were free. They had bounce houses, horse rides, face painting, cotton candy, and more than I can even list. The kids had a fantastic time. They had been so great all weekend, we felt like they deserved some fun. The boy even won a limbo contest. He won a G-Force tshirt from the new movie about the guinea pigs that are spies.

Sunday was church and grocery shopping. Shopping on Sunday is not always pleasant, yet there we are in the middle of it. Some how we didn't get home until after 4. I think that's the part that I can't stand, the losing half the day part.

Monday was youth for the big girl and I ended being there the whole time. I had been asked to do snack, and by the time I got ready to leave, hubby had called and said he would be late. If I would have left, I would have 10-15 minutes before I would have to leave again to pick the big girl up. Wednesday was a JAM meeting and a confirmation meeting. The confirmation meeting was last minute. On the bright side it was at Chik-Fil-A, and was paid for. The kids got to play and only came out of the play area to get a drink. We didn't get home until after 4. We still had to school, which went pretty well, all things considered.

Today was veggie co-op. It was my volunteer day and we got there about 8. The orders this week were very big and took a long time to fill. Even with 4 of us packing, it seemed like forever. Then we started to run out of things. When large boxes started getting emptied, they got moved outside. We finally had enough room on the table to start putting everything on it. The boy helped me fetch produce for a little bit but it was so crowded, I finally had him go back to the TV room. As small as he is, he still took up too much room. We stayed until 11:30 and I was exhausted.

When we got home, the kids did their independent work while I washed and put away produce. I like that part for the mindlessness. I can float to wherever I want to be in my own mind. We did bible and history together, but had to wait for science. We finally got that done while dinner cooked. We had turkey. All I had to do was prep and pop that bad bird in the oven. Three hours later we were eating, and I did almost nothing. Love those nights.

Now they are in bed, hubby is watching poker, and I'm on the computer. Sleep. Now there's a concept. I think I'll try it.

Have a great day!

No comments: